The Audio Lounge
Aug 19, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #1,786 of 36,052
Speaking of planars the hifiman he 560s are going quite cheap on amazon UK and US at the moment , realy good reviews ...they have had build issues on some but with amazon i think you can send back if faulty , but I'm not sure of there returns policy.

amazon.co.uk: This item does not ship to Germany - Mainland.

Now it's confirmed, I live in the middle of nowhere. :D

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #1,788 of 36,052
I'm lucky , I don't have kids and my girlfriend doesn't get it at all, she's quite happy with her phone buds :fearful: but she doesn't do bad she usually gets my cast offs.

My better half don't like IEM or buds, she uses my old Koss Porta Pro and is happy with it. ^^

My wife and eldest son, as well as a couple of friends end up with my cast offs, I guess I'll have to add my daughter to that list now. :sunglasses:

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #1,792 of 36,052
Anyone know if amazon takes returns of faulty goods after 30 days if fulfilled by them? .

"If a product becomes defective after 30 days you won't be able to create a returns label using our Returns Support Centre - you'll need to Contact Us. You may wish to visit the manufacturer's website or contact them directly as they may be able to offer troubleshooting and support with the issue you have with the product. Please see Manufacturer Contact Details and After Sales Service."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=orc_hp_s_retpol?ie=UTF8&nodeId=1161002#

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #1,793 of 36,052
Well, ladies and gents, I'm a proud Papa this morning. My daughter had borrowed a set of UrBeats from her best friend, then we had my Trinity Master, PM4, Icarus III, IE80, and AKG H300. We used the same 2 sources, her phone and her phone with my E17k. After hearing the Icarus III first, she said they sounded really good, then I gave her the Beats to try. She said "I think something is wrong" I said "What do you mean?" and she said "They sound really muffled". I started laughing and told her that unfortunately, nothing was wrong, that is how the Beats actually sound, haha. So then she tried the Master, the IE80, the PM4, and then the AKG H300 and liked the sound of every one of them better than the UrBeats. She didn't like the weight of the Master or Icarus, or the size of the IE80. She didn't like the fit of the PM4. She loved the gold and white looks, the light weight, and mids and highs of the AKG though. So I gave her the AKG! She's happy, I'm ecstatic. But, I'm not getting out of this for free....... she now wants an E17k, haha.
Good job! One teen saved. Baby steps. Perhaps Sennheiser, Sony, or some other company needs to have mobile "taste test" vans covering the US and other countries. Let tweeners and teens hear Bleats vs their better sounding brand. The kids would then buzz about it on social media. If nothing else, it might force Bleats to build better sounding headphones.

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #1,794 of 36,052
"If a product becomes defective after 30 days you won't be able to create a returns label using our Returns Support Centre - you'll need to Contact Us. You may wish to visit the manufacturer's website or contact them directly as they may be able to offer troubleshooting and support with the issue you have with the product. Please see Manufacturer Contact Details and After Sales Service."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=orc_hp_s_retpol?ie=UTF8&nodeId=1161002#

Thanks.....im tempted but i know some issues have been had with drivers, but on the whole most have been ok....think i might post on the thread see how bad hifiman customer service realy is...or just replace my he400i

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,795 of 36,052
I was hoping to see more low cost hybrids when the Tate & Bauers and M&J came out, but that seems to have stalled and the Tate & Bauer aren't even available anymore.
I think it will happen. My Kickstarter M&J GL2SE are only 13 months old tomorrow. It may take more than a year to bring this new technology lower in price. The GL1 start at $199. That is pretty good for the 1st year!

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #1,796 of 36,052
@majo123 Im sorry to give you very bad news.

I gotten a hold of someone in San Francisco who has an Opus #2 and allowed me to listen. Unfortunately the park does have some ambient noise.

But I cannot discern much difference between Opus #1 and Opus #2. It will require critical listening at home in a quiet environment.

Im listening to both at same volume. It is very difficult to see which one is better.
This is great if you intend to keep Opus 1. But bad if you want opus 2.

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #1,797 of 36,052

I gotten a hold of someone in San Francisco who has an Opus #2 and allowed me to listen. Unfortunately the park does have some ambient noise.

But I cannot discern much difference between Opus #1 and Opus #2. It will require critical listening at home in a quiet environment.

Im listening to both at same volume. It is very difficult to see which one is better.

Actually if not much difference it's good news! Lol saves money...if i remember rightly pinkypowers said it's 80 or 90 percent of the opus 2 when it comes to sound (dont quote me on this) so it means I will probably be getting opus 3 eventually unless something else catches my eye by then as my desktop setup is more important at the moment.
Let us know your thoughts.

Love my opus1 , haven't picked up my x7 in ages.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #1,798 of 36,052
Well, ladies and gents, I'm a proud Papa this morning. My daughter had borrowed a set of UrBeats from her best friend, then we had my Trinity Master, PM4, Icarus III, IE80, and AKG H300. We used the same 2 sources, her phone and her phone with my E17k. After hearing the Icarus III first, she said they sounded really good, then I gave her the Beats to try. She said "I think something is wrong" I said "What do you mean?" and she said "They sound really muffled". I started laughing and told her that unfortunately, nothing was wrong, that is how the Beats actually sound, haha. So then she tried the Master, the IE80, the PM4, and then the AKG H300 and liked the sound of every one of them better than the UrBeats. She didn't like the weight of the Master or Icarus, or the size of the IE80. She didn't like the fit of the PM4. She loved the gold and white looks, the light weight, and mids and highs of the AKG though. So I gave her the AKG! She's happy, I'm ecstatic. But, I'm not getting out of this for free....... she now wants an E17k, haha.

He did it! Did you chant 'one of us' quietly under your breath when she walked off?

You sure you don't want to buy her Noble Katana!
What about the Zeus XIV Custom! Best dad ever!! :p

And it looks like she already has a new best friend ontop of a soon budding audio addiction. Well done dad @OldDude04

dang, I had to buy my own car and insurance the moment I turned 17 lol! I didn't even get it until since I had to work and then buy one :p

I feel you, I bought my car before I turned 18 and had to have people drive me around in it until I got my license at 18, couldn't even test drive it myself :rolling_eyes:

I'm happy my girlfriend's tone deaf, saves me a few quid/dollars.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We, got a winner

Did you scroll through his 'Artists' tab? Mine is all jacked up since some files I had to recover from the Samsung SD card and the other are old flac from late 2000s. I'm using Tag & Rename to try and fix them but some are stubborn :thinking:

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #1,799 of 36,052
Good job! One teen saved. Baby steps. Perhaps Sennheiser, Sony, or some other company needs to have mobile "taste test" vans covering the US and other countries. Let tweeners and teens hear Bleats vs their better sounding brand. The kids would then buzz about it on social media. If nothing else, it might force Bleats to build better sounding headphones.

Thanks, I feel I have done my god deed for the day, lol. It would be brilliant if a good headphone manufacturer did a mobile test truck to sway people away from the hyped up brands. They could go to all kinds of events, liked festivals and concerts, dispelling ignorance and bringing audio enlightenment. :headphones::musical_score::angel:

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #1,800 of 36,052
Actually if not much difference it's good news! Lol saves money...if i remember rightly pinkypowers said it's 80 or 90 percent of the opus 2 when it comes to sound (dont quote me on this) so it means I will probably be getting opus 3 eventually unless something else catches my eye by then as my desktop setup is more important at the moment.
Let us know your thoughts.

Love my opus1 , haven't picked up my x7 in ages.
Opus 3 is better deal for money. Burr brown implementation.

@miko7 didnt get to unfortunately. Used folder view

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back