The Audio Lounge
Oct 30, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #12,031 of 36,081
Possibly a little room on it?

Nope. Also the dining table and chairs are covered with gear... is that normal? Not much floor space either. If people from one of those reality tv shows came in here they would make us get rid of everything.

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #12,032 of 36,081
Very nice if I had the dosh and possibly after aa littl more digging/research I may have give them a go.

I'd hold fire until Thursday - got an email advertisimg Massdrop x Hifiman XX coming up at $599, launching on Thursday - revision of the Edition X with new thinner drivers and the headband from the HE-4XX.

Looking like a good week for MD...

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #12,035 of 36,081
If they turn up I'm wiling to adopt.

Now if they turn up I will know it is you in disguise and will not allow entry! Oh wait... maybe a good way to have a clearout....

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #12,036 of 36,081
I'd hold fire until Thursday - got an email advertisimg Massdrop x Hifiman XX coming up at $599, launching on Thursday - revision of the Edition X with new thinner drivers and the headband from the HE-4XX.
Looking like a good week for MD...

I bet they sell like hot cakes , just don't have the funds at the moment which is a shame as I would probably be interested in these .

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #12,037 of 36,081
Always room and cash for CDs though
And these have come today.
IMG_20181030_171152.jpg

Oct 30, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #12,041 of 36,081
Now if they turn up I will know it is you in disguise and will not allow entry! Oh wait... maybe a good way to have a clearout....

Now we have to wait for the clearout listing. :D

The MJ GL2 will cost me with fees ~80€/~£72, hopefully a real bargain. :)

@majo123 How will you do the burn in of the GL2?
yeah it's going to be about the same with fees for me too and I'm hoping we have bagged a good deal as you say! Think we have though , I got my confirmation today expect order to be shipped by the 4th of Dec so hopefully sooner would be great.
I'm not certain how massdrop works though if Mitchell and Johnson ship or massdrop ? I presume massdrop but if it were Mitchell and Johnson I'm in the uk so that would make it easier as they are UK based.
I personally will stick them on the little cayin n3 , awesome battery life let them play all day whilst I'm at work.

Oct 30, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #12,042 of 36,081
Now we have to wait for the clearout listing. :D

The MJ GL2 will cost me with fees ~80€/~£72, hopefully a real bargain. :)

@majo123 How will you do the burn in of the GL2?

The reviews are mostly really positive apart from some build issues in the beginning, I heard good things about them ages ago and as I said I had a chat a while back with barondla who has he posted likes them a lot...lots of very positive reviews on the Mitchell and Johnson site too

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #12,043 of 36,081
yeah it's going to be about the same with fees for me too and I'm hoping we have bagged a good deal as you say! Think we have though , I got my confirmation today expect order to be shipped by the 4th of Dec so hopefully sooner would be great.
I'm not certain how massdrop works though if Mitchell and Johnson ship or massdrop ? I presume massdrop but if it were Mitchell and Johnson I'm in the uk so that would make it easier as they are UK based.

Send it straight from M&J UK would be nice, but "All orders will be shipped by Massdrop." Estimated shipping date is 4th of Dec. Now starts the waiting game and it will hopefully not end like this one with this three letters UK based company... :D

I personally will stick them on the little cayin n3 , awesome battery life let them play all day whilst I'm at work.

Thought about to use my pc with foobar2k, it's running the whole day.

The reviews are mostly really positive apart from some build issues in the beginning, I heard good things about them ages ago and as I said I had a chat a while back with barondla who has he posted likes them a lot...lots of very positive reviews on the Mitchell and Johnson site toom

I've read some nice stuff about them and I like the hybrid design with angled drivers, the wood shells and hopefully the sound (after burn in ^^).

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #12,044 of 36,081

that is what I use to burn in new headphones. With IEMs or buds I normally use one of my Daps...usually the N3. However at the moment I have a bud burning in on my PC, two others buds on two different daps, and an iem on another dap... lol. Plugging in the chargers when needed.

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #12,045 of 36,081
Send it straight from M&J UK would be nice, but "All orders will be shipped by Massdrop." Estimated shipping date is 4th of Dec. Now starts the waiting game and it will hopefully not end like this one with this three letters UK based company... :D

I've read some nice stuff about them and I like the hybrid design with angled drivers, the wood shells and hopefully the sound (after burn in ^^).
yeah the dual driver tech looks pretty cool and intriguing I nearly bought the mj2 after my chat with barondla some months ago and I have looked at there models a few times , when i got the email for this drop I just couldn't say no ....had a look at the jp1 yesterday/ today and they look very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back