The Audio Lounge
Oct 30, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #12,047 of 36,081
Gonna be a long burn in and I'm not that patient with new shiny things lol ...my re600 V2 took eons to burn in... I think I missed a birthday? felt like it anyway.

Surely you listened whenever you wanted to during that time. I burn in with a long queue of my albums so it is kind of cool to pick something up and see what is playing.. .sometimes I just start listening to that ... or, I might choose something else from the queue.

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #12,048 of 36,081
Pretty tempted by the Hifiman XX. But, I have no idea how the X V2 sounds like since they're pretty close according to FR graphs.

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #12,049 of 36,081
Surely you listened whenever you wanted to during that time. I burn in with a long queue of my albums so it is kind of cool to pick something up and see what is playing.. .sometimes I just start listening to that ... or, I might choose something else from the queue.

Of course no way I couldn't pick up and check once in a while.
my experience with the re600 V2 was similar to barondla with the gl2, I honestly thought omg these were nearly 400 originally! But I read one review that said 200 plus hours so just kept burning and trying until eventually after about 2/3 weeks burning whilst at work they started to settle and open up....looks like it may be the same ride again.

Oct 30, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #12,050 of 36,081
Just waiting, first act done

20181030_202913.jpg

Oct 30, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #12,051 of 36,081
Just waiting, first act done

Well, now... seeing that I am sad not to be there. I thought the place was going to be huge but you are as close as when I saw him at the old Ann Arbor Ark when it was just 150 seats. But.. we did have seats. I don't think I can ever again stand for an entire show.

Who was the first act?

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #12,054 of 36,081
20181030_222402.jpg
Don Antonio Band was the first band and believe it or not were Alejandro Escovedo's backing band. An Italian band that yes rok hooked him up with on his latest album. Highlight of the night was The Only Ones Peter Perret and John Perry joining them on stage. Punk Rock, Hard Rock & Jazz Rock erupted

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #12,055 of 36,081
My Shozy BK (Stardust) arrived yesterday. Oh my! This sounds fantastic! I had pretty high expectations, and they've been met (and exceeded).

The sound signature sits comfortably between my two favorite headphones, HD650 and SR325e, with favored sound characteristics from each of them.

I'm not one to spend money on fancy cables, but WOW! that's a really great braided cable!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #12,056 of 36,081
I'll let you know how those ESP/95X sound in Feb. Told everyone I'd already spent into next year. Did hear a set of 950 on a Stax amp at a mini Head-Fi meet.

Wish I had the money before the drop end's but no go for me at the moment, very interested in them.... no experience with this type of headphone but always been intrigued.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #12,057 of 36,081
Wish I had the money before the drop end's but no go for me at the moment, very interested in them....nobrxper no experience with this type of headphone but always been intrigued.

Get what you mean. Trying to channel in funds for a Gumby.

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #12,058 of 36,081
Get what you mean. Trying to channel in funds for a Gumby.

To much going on here for me to make big purchases at the moment....pretty happy with my etys and x7ii/ mojo combo at the moment but the etys have made me think I need better cans as the detail retrieval is astounding...my he400I are not getting a look in just prefer the balance and levels of detail these little babys are giving me....this unfortunately means MONEY on better cans lol as I am now not satisfied with them , this is the curse of the hobby!
Maybe new year I will start looking ...i usually get an ok Christmas bonus but was planning to spend on an xboX one x lol (I have too many hobbies ) we shall see.

Edit.. would love a chord Hugo2 lol we can but dream.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #12,059 of 36,081
To much going on here for me to make big purchases at the moment....pretty happy with my etys and x7ii/ mojo combo at the moment but the etys have made me think I need better cans as the detail retrieval is astounding...my he400I are not getting a look in just prefer the balance and levels of detail these little babys are giving me....this unfortunately means MONEY on better cans lol as I am now not satisfied with them , this is the curse of the hobby!
Maybe new year I will start looking ...i usually get an ok Christmas bonus but was planning to spend on an xboX one x lol (I have too many hobbies ) we shall see.

Edit.. would love a chord Hugo2 lol we can but dream.

Hahaha, the Xbox one is pretty cheap here. I've been seeing so many deals for them. I think they're not doing well in the Aus market.

Tell me about getting new cans... After going for the Hi-fi convention the other day, I can't stop thinking of upgrading... But I got hooked on speakers. And that's even more expensive.

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #12,060 of 36,081
Hahaha, the Xbox one is pretty cheap here. I've been seeing so many deals for them. I think they're not doing well in the Aus market.

Tell me about getting new cans... After going for the Hi-fi convention the other day, I can't stop thinking of upgrading... But I got hooked on speakers. And that's even more expensive.

I want the Xbox one X 4k version... I had an Xbox one and sold to a friend to upgrade to Xbox one X then everything started to go wrong here so just not upgraded yet, I have PS4 pro anyway so not missed it too much....yes speakers are not cheap! Talk to @KEV G he knows lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back