The Audio Lounge
Aug 4, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #9,812 of 36,186
It is very hot! ... thanks kev for coming down and bringing the Vega and andro very impressed with both , andro took a few tracks to hear the potential but started to hear the little details and separation that they have in abundance after 5 mins listening , especially as a warmer Sig than my norm not heard detail achieved like this on this type of Sig before (not that I have heard everything) and the fit was lovely.
The vega realy surprised me because I'm no bass head but I really liked them a lot! Didn't think they would be my thing at all big surprise to me.
Dx200 with amp 4 Vs my fiio x7 ii amp3a well the dx200 had clearly the better stage for me but both stellar audio, I have heard the new amp3 b improves the stage on the x7ii so might be closer still .
All these impressions were after minimal listening so could be different after a longer listen.
Oh and listened to the hd660 s too.
Well do this again very soon my friend.

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #9,814 of 36,186
So what did you end up using for your waterproof solution? Enquiring minds want to know...

Sorry for the delayed reply ....I bought the ifrog pouch but my phone doesn't fit it's too big so i am debating using the cayin n3 in it, but not had a chance to get on the water in the kayak for a few weeks.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #9,815 of 36,186
Sorry for the delayed reply ....I bought the ifrog pouch but my phone doesn't fit it's too big so i am debating using the cayin n3 in it, but not had a chance to get on the water in the kayak for a few weeks.

We picked up a couple of those pouches when they were mentioned in here...just in case we ever need them we will be ready:) I know my Cayin N3, Ruizu A50 or Hidizs AP60 II would fit.

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #9,816 of 36,186
We picked up a couple of those pouches when they were mentioned in here...just in case we ever need them we will be ready:) I know my Cayin N3, Ruizu A50 or Hidizs AP60 II would fit.

Yesh the n3 fits snug as a bug.
was hoping my phone did though as it's expendable and i like to have a dunk in the sea before getting out or in the kayak as it keeps me cool, would hate to damage the n3 if the ifrog didn't hold up.

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #9,817 of 36,186
Yesh the n3 fits snug as a bug.
was hoping my phone did though as it's expendable and i like to have a dunk in the sea before getting out or in the kayak as it keeps me cool, would hate to damage the n3 if the ifrog didn't hold up.

Nothing is expendable to me!

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #9,822 of 36,186
Oops
IMG_5539.JPG
IMG_5540.JPG
IMG_5541.JPG
IMG_5542.JPG
The elderly lady stood just next to us asked when we were going to start broadcasting lol
Great to put a face to a name today, cheers @majo123
Everything on that table sounded stellar. The etys, not really my cup of tea by what I've read, but if they were in my collection, would they get used.....damn right they would now I've heard em. Like the Andro's, I'd like to listen to em for a week or two and really get to know em. It's funny how you can listen to something like the Vega, instantly like em (or not) but something like the Andro's/Etys your much better off taking some time. Oh yeah, amp 8 not 4 was in the DX200, amps 1,3 & 4s was in the bag. Didn't really have time to start amp swapping, oh no, here I go again amp amp amp :smile_phones:
Nice to get away from London for a few hours and have a chin wag with a like minded person.
Also, now have a better idea of the cables Majo123 wants to make and I think we will all be pleasantly surprised :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: nudge nudge

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #9,823 of 36,186
Oops
The elderly lady stood just next to us asked when we were going to start broadcasting lol
Great to put a face to a name today, cheers @majo123
Everything on that table sounded stellar. The etys, not really my cup of tea by what I've read, but if they were in my collection, would they get used.....damn right they would now I've heard em. Like the Andro's, I'd like to listen to em for a week or two and really get to know em. It's funny how you can listen to something like the Vega, instantly like em (or not) but something like the Andro's/Etys your much better off taking some time. Oh yeah, amp 8 not 4 was in the DX200, amps 1,3 & 4s was in the bag. Didn't really have time to start amp swapping, oh no, here I go again amp amp amp :smile_phones:
Nice to get away from London for a few hours and have a chin wag with a like minded person.
Also, now have a better idea of the cables Majo123 wants to make and I think we will all be pleasantly surprised :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: nudge nudge

My apologies amp 8, knew it was the 4.4 balanced....and I thought the old lady was going to fall over on the gear at one point! Very frail (had a frame) bless her.

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #9,824 of 36,186
After changing the setup of my ToneKing TO400s (now with Hiegi Donut Foam over Hiegi Full Foam), they seal better in my ears, and have better low Bass (but not quite as much as TO200 or EBX).

While listening to ThistleRadio, streamed from somaFM, I heard a song from Vishtèn, an Acadian band from Prince Edward Island, Canada. So, I went to my subscribed YouTube channels, and have been watching some Vishtèn videos.
Here's Vishtèn, performing "4:44/La Fougue des Fées" at a concert in 2012.

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #9,825 of 36,186
My apologies amp 8, knew it was the 4.4 balanced....and I thought the old lady was going to fall over on the gear at one point! Very frail (had a frame) bless her.
Don't understand why she wouldn't try any of the gear out, my mum loves my Grado's. Some people are just plain weird :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back