The Audio Lounge
Jul 15, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #9,001 of 36,032
So I am a technical project manager for wireless carrier Sprint in the states. Sprint launched a new wireless plan on Friday called Sprint Unlimited plus. It comes with Hulu and Tidal.

I downloaded Tidal today. First album: David Bowie Live Soundtrack from Spiders from Mars.

Here is what I've learned so far.
1.Tidal doesn't do gapless.
2.My Galaxy S7 is nowhere near as good as my ipod MP3 320 into my RSA predator.
3.I can't get a good volume level with the phone. Either too low or too loud.

All above with the KZ-ZS5.

I'm sure I will enjoy discovering new music with Tidal. But not blown away at the moment.

BTW. Reason I didn't have a streaming service e already so because I have Sooooooo much of my own music that I saw no need to pay a monthly subscription for something I would use 5-10% of the time or less.

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #9,002 of 36,032
So I am a technical project manager for wireless carrier Sprint in the states. Sprint launched a new wireless plan on Friday called Sprint Unlimited plus. It comes with Hulu and Tidal.

I downloaded Tidal today. First album: David Bowie Live Soundtrack from Spiders from Mars.

I'm sure I will enjoy discovering new music with Tidal. But not blown away at the moment.

BTW. Reason I didn't have a streaming service e already so because I have Sooooooo much of my own music that I saw no need to pay a monthly subscription for something I would use 5-10% of the time or less.

That's a shame! My Pixel 2 has a pretty neat DAC, pretty much entry level. Was your Tidal playing the highest possible file quality?

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #9,003 of 36,032

I don't do streaming either although I have never tried tidal, the galaxy S7 is not as good as any of my daps for sound quality although ideal for my new intended use with the kayak as obviously phone and semi waterproof as well, but I think most lower priced daps would trounce it like the little MO.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #9,005 of 36,032
Yes I'm looking forward to the World Cup final, that is if the French don't cheat so much. I'm up for Croatia, the plucky heart felt team

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #9,012 of 36,032
That's a shame! My Pixel 2 has a pretty neat DAC, pretty much entry level. Was your Tidal playing the highest possible file quality?

I did find the quality settings. I had to change it to high-quality. But I was not familiar with the David Bowie album, so I will need to find something I know and listen to it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back