The Audio Lounge
Jul 14, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #8,971 of 36,064
I'm so Scottish and only like Haddock and chips

I too love fish and chips :)
I think in England, Haddock is more commonly served as standard in the North, whereas the South seems to have Cod as the standard.
No idea why this is, but I lived in the North for many years before moving back to London, and got used to having haddock as standard (which I prefer; more and better flavour and texture I feel) :)

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #8,972 of 36,064
I can't stop laughing:joy::joy::joy::joy:.... I am home now and currently looking at reviews for waterproof iems and players and Just come across this review on Amazon for a waterproof player with iems.

"I asked my wife to test that these were actually waterproof by spending 10 minutes under water, but she refused"

Had to share this it tickled me..:joy::joy::joy::joy:

OMG it gets better I have just read the last line ......."seems she is more cleverer then she looks! "
Hahahaha wish I had thought of this .:imp:

'

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #8,973 of 36,064
I too love fish and chips :)
I think in England, Haddock is more commonly served as standard in the North, whereas the South seems to have Cod as the standard.
No idea why this is, but I lived in the North for many years before moving back to London, and got used to having haddock as standard (which I prefer; more and better flavour and texture I feel) :)

Haddock is the tastier fish and your right it's not really on the menu down south...anyone visiting the UK try fish and chips! ....Forget tea and cricket uggggh.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #8,976 of 36,064
My wife is American and when her son came to visit I took him to a cricket match at the Oval, he just couldn't get it as he asked why people were clapping for the other team

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #8,982 of 36,064
I do draw the line at a pickled egg though.

I have always loved pickled eggs but best with pickled beets so the eggs are pink. I used to make them all the time in Michigan, so not just a british thing (except for having them at bars... I mean pubs...).

Going to open a jar now... but not as good as homemade...a bit too sharp without the beets.

Peas should be Petis Pois, frozen... cooked only til hot.

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #8,983 of 36,064
I have always loved pickled eggs but best with pickled beets so the eggs are pink. I used to make them all the time in Michigan, so not just a british thing (except for having them at bars... I mean pubs...).

Going to open a jar now... but not as good as homemade...a bit too sharp without the beets.

Uggghhhh I'm shuddering thinking about it.

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #8,984 of 36,064
Well it seems in just going to have to try my luck with a cheap swimming MP3 off of eBay as there are just not decent ones apart from Sony headband ones which are rubbish.
Try AMP3 they seem to have some if my memory is correct

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back