The Audio Lounge
Jul 5, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #8,672 of 36,186
Another question about the VK-1. They have dual drivers in each earpiece. Looking at the QKZ diagram, I still can't figure out how they are set up. Are they 2 same size drivers? Are the push pull? QKZ talks about concentric drivers. That seems to point to one driver being smaller. Confused.

One driver is in the center of the other, it's a coax. So the bigger driver is placed in the end part of the resonator and the smaller one is placed within the tube in direction to the nozzle, if I interpreted the exploding view correctly.

You can see the two diaphragm with golden ring and voice coil attached.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #8,673 of 36,186

Couldn't come at a worse time for me. .I have lots of responsible (that horrible word again) things I need to sort out at the moment , new sofa and my dogs allergys are not subsiding she has to have tests to find out the cause which means more vet bills.....i would of jumped on it otherwise it's a realy good price.
I'm still hoping maybe beginning of next year for my 50th.

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #8,674 of 36,186
New sofa? I will take one too. :D

my dogs allergys are not subsiding she has to have tests to find out the cause which means more vet bills

I've searched a long time for food without grain, no filler medium like corn, no vegetable or animalistic by-products.

At last she got some canned food from a small manufacturer and he get dry food.

We have a lot of crap food for animals in the market and some causes allergys for sure.

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #8,675 of 36,186
Dogs here never have any allergies. We keep the dogs outdoors for most of their lives so even if they had allergies they will have acclimated to it already.

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #8,676 of 36,186
New sofa? I will take one too. :D

I've searched a long time for food without grain, no filler medium like corn, no vegetable or animalistic by-products.

At last she got some canned food from a small manufacturer and he get dry food.

We have a lot of crap food for animals in the market and some causes allergys for sure.

My chi only eats fresh meat because of isolating allergy ,almost certain its pollen but need to test to make sure then go from there .

Dogs here never have any allergies. We keep the dogs outdoors for most of their lives so even if they had allergies they will have acclimated to it already.

Can't do that in the UK way too cold in the winter, my chi would be dead in about 12 hours she struggles enough in the winter can't even go for walks some days because too cold for her feet that are the size of my thumb.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #8,678 of 36,186
My chi only eats fresh meat because of isolating allergy ,almost certain its pollen but need to test to make sure then go from there .

What kind of meat? Some dogs have problems with cow, horse or sheep is a good alternative.

btw. Hidizs has a sale for 48h: AP200 32GB for 239$ + free Seeds Earphone :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #8,681 of 36,186
I have a friend that is still using an Ipod Classic and the original earbuds that came with it. Trying to upgrade his sound, I gave him a pair of KZ ZS6 earphones... But, we found that even the Large Silicone tips are too small for his ears.
( FYI, my friend is only 5'4" tall and probably weighs only 140... So I was not expecting the need for larger tips... And he can't hear the bass since the large tips actually fall out. )

Anyone know of a source of larger diameter foam or silicone tips? 4-5mmID. OD needs to be bigger than 13mm or the Comply Large foams, and Large KZ Star Tips.

Are there some better earbuds that don't cost a fortune?

Appreciate any ideas !

Jul 5, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #8,682 of 36,186
I have a friend that is still using an Ipod Classic and the original earbuds that came with it. Trying to upgrade his sound, I gave him a pair of KZ ZS6 earphones... But, we found that even the Large Silicone tips are too small for his ears.
( FYI, my friend is only 5'4" tall and probably weighs only 140... So I was not expecting the need for larger tips... And he can't hear the bass since the large tips actually fall out. )

Anyone know of a source of larger diameter foam or silicone tips? 4-5mmID. OD needs to be bigger than 13mm or the Comply Large foams, and Large KZ Star Tips.

Appreciate any ideas !
If nothing shows up he could build some ghetto tips. People cut a hole in those big orange foam hearing protectors plugs. They are quite large in diameter. Ugly, but effective.

Jul 5, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #8,683 of 36,186

Appreciate any ideas !

Have you tried the comfort fit comply's? They're much larger than regular comply tips. Otherwise, large symbio's? If you wanna throw a few bucks my way for sending em out, I can send you my large pair.

Jul 5, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #8,684 of 36,186
Listening to this today. Gave me goose bumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back