The Audio Lounge
Jul 3, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #8,657 of 36,186
Jul 3, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #8,660 of 36,186
How English of you:) We drink so much tea. My husband is Scottish not English. I drank tea in America since I was a child... my mom used to let me have it ... it was mostly milk with a little tea in it at the time for me.
My parents are both Irish, I was born here in the U.K. so kind of brought up in an Irish household and if there’s a nation of people that drink more tea than the English....it’d be the Irish lol. I was drinking tea before I could walk and I don’t think the kettle ever had time to cool down !!!
Raised on tea, Irish music and Johnny cash.

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #8,663 of 36,186
Good morning (or later to those across the pond).
Started off with some slow stuff to ease into my day off. Got cold beer, burgers and lots of tunes to sift through today. Cheers to all.

Jul 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #8,664 of 36,186
Still playing with my new toy, eq presets are ... as usual. ^^
MSEB is a interesting feature, nice to play with. The R3 is on the warmer side, not analytical. With the QKZ VK1 sometimes the bass got muddy, maybe they need a little more time. I connected the R3 with my Denon AVR over BT without problems.

Ordered a cheap balanced cable...
...and a KZ ZST :D

Jul 4, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #8,666 of 36,186
Funny thing, I can use some of buttons of the Denon remote to control the R3 eg. skip and pause.
The vol of the R3 works with bt like a var. lineout.
HiBy Link works fine with my Honor.

:)

Love hiby link.
i think it's one of the best little features on the cayin n3, saves pulling out of my pocket just grab my phone.

Jul 4, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #8,667 of 36,186
grs8, I find the QKZ VK-1 bass gets a little muddy at times on the PonoPlayer and it has a fair amount of power. Starting to believe it is something in the tuning of the bass. Notice it a little with the M0 also. Kind of expect it with the M0, it has less output.

Where did you get a balanced cable for the VK-1? Wouldn't mind having one. Another question about the VK-1. They have dual drivers in each earpiece. Looking at the QKZ diagram, I still can't figure out how they are set up. Are they 2 same size drivers? Are the push pull? QKZ talks about concentric drivers. That seems to point to one driver being smaller. Confused.

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #8,669 of 36,186
Jul 5, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #8,670 of 36,186
Good morning folks.

We've had some really heavy weather yesterday, killed some trees by lightning not far away from the house.

Wanted to replace the shower cubicle, make a guess what happened...

This stupid [insert abusive language here] used silicone at the whole backside of the profiles and screwed them to the wall, now I need new tiles... :dizzy_face:

Better starting with some music and coffee.

btw. weekend is nearby :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back