The Audio Lounge
May 30, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #7,816 of 36,392
received a few earbuds today, K's earbuds K64, NiceHCK DIY MX500 PK1, FAAEAL Z-Sound and KZ ED16 (Which my wife snaffled)

Wow! What a coincidence! I acquired KZ ED16 today. Very nice...comfortable as well:)

May 30, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #7,818 of 36,392
I have recently received the $1800 Rhapsodio Zombie and the $2799 Ultimate Melody Mason v3!
Regrettably, they are just temporarily on loan to me for review purposes :p

On the plus side, I get to listen to them for a couple of weeks each and enjoy TOTL sound for the small cost of sending them on to the next reviewer (£11 or so).
On the minus side, I have to write a substantial review that is not a weak effort. Even worse, I do actually have to send them on lol.
Not sure whether I'm doing myself a favour or not? :D

May 30, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #7,820 of 36,392
I have recently received the $1800 Rhapsodio Zombie and the $2799 Ultimate Melody Mason v3!
Regrettably, they are just temporarily on loan to me for review purposes :p

On the plus side, I get to listen to them for a couple of weeks each and enjoy TOTL sound for the small cost of sending them on to the next reviewer (£11 or so).
On the minus side, I have to write a substantial review that is not a weak effort. Even worse, I do actually have to send them on lol.
Not sure whether I'm doing myself a favour or not? :D
How’s the DX150, enjoying it I hope :smile_phones:

May 30, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #7,821 of 36,392
That gave me a very interesting idea lol.

I've never compared DAPs using anything less than my most revealing iems. Maybe the preceived difference will be less.
It could be the IEM. I remember that the Ap200 has a 4 ohm Output Impedance. That might change the sound of some lower impedance IEMs.

For me the AP200 is clear and fast. And I find it pretty flat/neutral with no EQ; As it should be.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #7,823 of 36,392
well, I just got my new M0 and N5ii today. Realized that I have an ear infection and need to lay off headphones for a few days. I tried to listen but way too painful. Wouldn't it that be the way, new gear and can't use it. Damn. Double Damn. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the ill-gotten booty...or the ill-booten gotty

May 30, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #7,824 of 36,392
It could be the IEM. I remember that the Ap200 has a 4 ohm Output Impedance. That might change the sound of some lower impedance IEMs.

For me the AP200 is clear and fast. And I find it pretty flat/neutral with no EQ; As it should be.
Probably because of gear. I'll try warm on warm next time. Maybe it's not as pronounced or audible then.

I wonder if it's because I listen loud so it's probably more accentuated to me too.

May 31, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #7,825 of 36,392
well, I just got my new M0 and N5ii today. Realized that I have an ear infection and need to lay off headphones for a few days. I tried to listen but way too painful. Wouldn't it that be the way, new gear and can't use it. Damn. Double Damn. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the ill-gotten booty...or the ill-booten gotty

I get bad earwax build up ( sounds disgusting I know) and syringe ears every so often. when it happens I can be totally deaf in one ear and a few times I have not been able to use new products so i feel your pain ....interested on your take on the MO.

May 31, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #7,826 of 36,392
I get bad earwax build up ( sounds disgusting I know) and syringe ears every so often. when it happens I can be totally deaf in one ear and a few times I have not been able to use new products so i feel your pain ....interested on your take on the MO.
I got an ear pimple once and it was agonising.

I clean my ears every time I bathe. I don't like waxy residue on my eartips.

May 31, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #7,827 of 36,392
My M0 arrived from Jaben on Tuesday, and got a chance to listen yesterday.

Initial impressions are good - it's not a midfi DAP killer, but it's punchy in high gain, has a neutral-bright sound and got detail retrieval for the price. Touch interface is pretty intuitive after a few minutes to familiarise yourself with it, and the size is unbelievable.

Just need a pair of LDAC iems now and my gym rig is all set! Was disappointed to see the Sony true wireless buds don't come with LDAC, only the neckband and over-ear versions. Anyone know if there are any non-Sony LDAC iems in the pipeline anywhere?

May 31, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #7,828 of 36,392
Haven't got the chance tbh. I don't intend to either. Planning to try the LCD2-C or Sundaras.
At another bigger headphone store. Should be able to give some impressions in an hour.

IMG_20180531_185307.jpg

Left to right: LCD2-C, HD600, Sundara

May 31, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #7,829 of 36,392
At another bigger headphone store. Should be able to give some impressions in an hour.

Left to right: LCD2-C, HD600, Sundara

Woah that's awesome! I'm intending on running them with tubes. So might vary if you're using SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back