The Audio Lounge
Dec 9, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #4,969 of 36,021
EDC Velvet? Very nice. Any initial sound impressions? Just realised I still owe you a reply from your PM a while back - will try and get back to you this weekend at some point!

Still enjoying my honeymoon period with the AAW Q and my new LG V30 - really enjoyable pairing for pick up and go use. In fact, the V30 is probably better than most of my current DAPs in terms of SQ and driving power, so the fact it's always in my pocket is just an added bonus!

Hey man, thanks for that!
Regarding the IEM's that was just a bit of humour on my part.
I use Apple EarPods for making business phone calls (in conjunction with a phone, just in case anybody is feeling like nitpicking lol).
I lost them recently, and was looking for a replacement pair on Amazon. Found these for £7.95 (!) on Amazon, with 5 star reviews.
Tried them out, they do indeed sound pretty excellent, for an IEM at that price. Mind you, I was playing FLAC files on them them through my DX200 which probably helped :D
Then I put my my IT01 back in, and realised what I'd been missing lol.
Huge 3D soundstage, outstanding placement and separation, detail, clarity, bass, sparkle, everything.
I'm absolutely loving the IT01, seriously. And at $99, I feel it's staggeringly good value too :wink:

Dec 9, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #4,972 of 36,021
Dec 9, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #4,973 of 36,021
Do you remember the sound signature differences? Just trying to justify the cost.
Nope choose the cheapest one.

Or choose only metal if you like touching metal finishes. Even though 90% will be beneath the included leather cases.

Other than that get cheapest one. Though others do prefer metals sound. Just didnt have them together long enough for me to form any conclusions.

Dec 9, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #4,974 of 36,021
Nope choose the cheapest one.

Or choose only metal if you like touching metal finishes. Even though 90% will be beneath the included leather cases.

Other than that get cheapest one. Though others do prefer metals sound. Just didnt have them together long enough for me to form any conclusions.

I see thanks alot! Man, it's 90 bucks more right now, too tempting. I remember reading a post saying that the metal version seems less "emotional" (warmer). A lil hesitant still. :/

Dec 9, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #4,976 of 36,021
Dec 9, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #4,977 of 36,021
You really realize how deep this hobby has gotten into your head when you're checking your blood sugar and look at your glucometer's case only to think "Man, this would be a nice case for a dap, a portable amp, any cables I needed, and an IEM". Lol.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #4,978 of 36,021
You really realize how deep this hobby has gotten into your head when you're checking your blood sugar and look at your glucometer's case only to think "Man, this would be a nice case for a dap, a portable amp, any cables I needed, and an IEM". Lol.
LOL

I just saw someone with a Sennheiser HD 800S on his head, with a stacked AMP/DAP strapped on his arm. This guy is serious too :p

Don't know if he can hear most of it, but I guess he can enjoy the nice airflow going through those open ports.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #4,979 of 36,021
Today I received my HifiMan ef5 amp. I’m really enjoying listening to the differences between this and the Burson soloist sl I received the other day. There is some burn in required but initial impressions it is warmer with good tonality. Bass is really nice has good impact but not as tight as the Burson. If that makes any sense. The mids are not recessed and very enjoyable. There is plenty of detail in the treble with no sibilance. Don’t get me wrong the Burson is very nice as well, just a bit different. It has a larger sound stage, good bass that is tighter but just not as much impact as the Hifiman. The mids are just as nice and the treble has more detail along with zero sibilance.

Describing the sound is new to me so most likely I'm not doing any justice here. Again this is just my initial impressions with only a handful of hours of listening. I have no regrets with these purchases and looking forward to many more hours of joyful listening sessions.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #4,980 of 36,021
Today I received my HifiMan ef5 amp. I’m really enjoying listening to the differences between this and the Burson soloist sl I received the other day. There is some burn in required but initial impressions it is warmer with good tonality. Bass is really nice has good impact but not as tight as the Burson. If that makes any sense. The mids are not recessed and very enjoyable. There is plenty of detail in the treble with no sibilance. Don’t get me wrong the Burson is very nice as well, just a bit different. It has a larger sound stage, good bass that is tighter but just not as much impact as the Hifiman. The mids are just as nice and the treble has more detail along with zero sibilance.

Describing the sound is new to me so most likely I'm not doing any justice here. Again this is just my initial impressions with only a handful of hours of listening. I have no regrets with these purchases and looking forward to many more hours of joyful listening sessions.

Welcome to the tube family! Wait till you start tube rolling...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back