The Audio Lounge
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #4,921 of 36,149
Strange. Aune M1S and Shozy Alien+ work as intended on Empire ears Athena.

Alien+ it's minimal gain. I think it's also cause I'm training myself to listen to lowest volumes possible that give great enjoyment still.

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #4,922 of 36,149
Well today I received my Massdrop Sennheiser 6xx's and my wife said, "Oh those look nice can I try them out". Well, needless to say, I'm on the hunt for another pair of headphones. I'm glad she enjoys them so much. She always kind of shook her head when new gear would come in but now I think she is starting to understand and I may have created a monster and my wallet will be the one to suffer.

I was able listened to them for a little bit and they do sound really nice but don't want to use them too often as I don't want to loosen up the headband too much due to my melon sized head. :)

Now, I'm waiting for some Hifiman 4xx's as I don't want to wait until March to receive my own. These will be my first planar's and looking forward to hearing these. I've also been hearing some good reviews on these so hoping they will fit my sound profile. I think they will but one never really knows until they have been given a listen. God, I love this hobby.

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #4,923 of 36,149
Well today I received my Massdrop Sennheiser 6xx's and my wife said, "Oh those look nice can I try them out". Well, needless to say, I'm on the hunt for another pair of headphones. I'm glad she enjoys them so much. She always kind of shook her head when new gear would come in but now I think she is starting to understand and I may have created a monster and my wallet will be the one to suffer.

I was able listened to them for a little bit and they do sound really nice but don't want to use them too often as I don't want to loosen up the headband too much due to my melon sized head. :)

Now, I'm waiting for some Hifiman 4xx's as I don't want to wait until March to receive my own. These will be my first planar's and looking forward to hearing these. I've also been hearing some good reviews on these so hoping they will fit my sound profile. I think they will but one never really knows until they have been given a listen. God, I love this hobby.
Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy things that can give you some happiness :D. How long did you get to play with your HD6XX before it went to the wife? Maybe 5 minutes? :p

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #4,926 of 36,149
Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy things that can give you some happiness :D. How long did you get to play with your HD6XX before it went to the wife? Maybe 5 minutes? :p

Not even that long :) I was taking them out of the box when she spied them. I was laughing when this all went down. Wasn't til later that I was able to try them out.

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #4,927 of 36,149
Strange. Aune M1S and Shozy Alien+ work as intended on Empire ears Athena.

Alien+ it's minimal gain. I think it's also cause I'm training myself to listen to lowest volumes possible that give great enjoyment still.

I did more listening last night and am abit torn between the foam tips and spinfits. Still not too sure which I prefer.

With regards to the M1s, I just feel a warmer source would be better, the Hermes although I was told is a warmer sounding IEM, it's not that warm and I reckon it would pair better with a warmer source.

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #4,928 of 36,149
I did more listening last night and am abit torn between the foam tips and spinfits. Still not too sure which I prefer.

With regards to the M1s, I just feel a warmer source would be better, the Hermes although I was told is a warmer sounding IEM, it's not that warm and I reckon it would pair better with a warmer source.
Yeah I also like foamtips and spinfits.

I'm currently using spinfits due to no-maintenance :D

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #4,930 of 36,149
Yeah I also like foamtips and spinfits.

I'm currently using spinfits due to no-maintenance :D

The spinfits sound too hollow on certain tracks. And it does take awhile for me to find the right fit.

Foam tips however can sound awesome on certain tracks however, some tracks sound a lil muddy.

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #4,934 of 36,149
Probably just need a new DAP and DAC in the future. Then, I'm retiring from Head-fi for my own good.

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #4,935 of 36,149
Probably just need a new DAP and DAC in the future. Then, I'm retiring from Head-fi for my own good.

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..."

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back