The Audio Lounge
Dec 2, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,891 of 36,226
3.5 & 2.5 mm IMR balanced cables

IMG_20171202_223520[1].jpg

Dec 2, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #4,893 of 36,226
Impact Audio? I think you had mentioned before you had some of Lindsay's cables.

Not this cable, this is a guy out of California selling on eBay. It is the first one I've tried from him but I'm impressed with it for sure. The price was too crazy to pass up trying it out, I got it shipped for under $65.

Dec 2, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #4,895 of 36,226
Can you post a link to his ebay store?

Sure, HERE YOU GO. He's only got one cable up right now, for LCDs, but he sent me a message that said "I can make anything, I’ve been working on famous audio products for years. This is a hobby more than anything." So, you could hit him up and ask if he could make you what you're looking for. Tell him the guy that bought the last LCD cable sent ya, haha.

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #4,899 of 36,226
I have a LG G6 phone and today was the first time I got to hear Aptx-HD. Bought one of these:

image_1632.jpg

It's an Inateck BR1006 Bluetooth Transmitter Or Receiver (Selector switch). It's really tiny and light. Supposed to have 10 hr usage time. (Micro USB Rechargable)

All I can say is that it sounds GREAT with my IEMs and when Using Aptx-HD ! Very good sound across all frequencies. can easily get very loud with efficient IEMs. (Like the B400, and KZ Ks6, etc ) I was using Flac files of 16/44 or higher resolution...

Note: When I tested with normal bluetooth sound was not so great. With normal Aptx, it was better than ordinary Bluetooth, but not as clean and clear as when using APTx-HD !

I will try this as the source for a Bluetooth Speaker to see if I can detect improved audio there as well. Would expect cleaner sound like with the IEMs...

Note also that I do have some tinnitus (Comes with age...) and there could be some background hiss that I'm unable to hear.

Less than $50 on ebay, and maybe Amazon.... As more android phones, and tablets get OREO, they may get the ability to transmit APTX-HD and so use this device directly...

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #4,900 of 36,226
I have a LG G6 phone and today was the first time I got to hear Aptx-HD. Bought one of these:

It's an Inateck BR1006 Bluetooth Transmitter Or Receiver (Selector switch). It's really tiny and light. Supposed to have 10 hr usage time. (Micro USB Rechargable)

All I can say is that it sounds GREAT with my IEMs and when Using Aptx-HD ! Very good sound across all frequencies. can easily get very loud with efficient IEMs. (Like the B400, and KZ Ks6, etc ) I was using Flac files of 16/44 or higher resolution...

Note: When I tested with normal bluetooth sound was not so great. With normal Aptx, it was better than ordinary Bluetooth, but not as clean and clear as when using APTx-HD !

I will try this as the source for a Bluetooth Speaker to see if I can detect improved audio there as well. Would expect cleaner sound like with the IEMs...

Note also that I do have some tinnitus (Comes with age...) and there could be some background hiss that I'm unable to hear.

Less than $50 on ebay, and maybe Amazon.... As more android phones, and tablets get OREO, they may get the ability to transmit APTX-HD and so use this device directly...

Good to hear! I didn't know there were other aptx-hd transmitters on the market... I got my Bluewave get amp+dac which also supports aptx-hd and I agree that there's a massive difference between that and regular bt...

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #4,902 of 36,226
Agreed on Apt-X HD. It's very good. You can still hear the differences, but it doesn't prevent enjoyment of the music like regular bluetooth or regular Apt-X does. With those others I hear digital artifacts and it intrudes on the listening.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4,903 of 36,226
1512423310574745760188.jpg
For anyone looking for some cheap (ish) micro drivers, just got a set of AAW Q's in the Null Audio End Of Year Sale for £60 or so delivered to the UK (they usually retail at $299 Singapore dollars). Phenomenal sound for something so tiny, and great packaging to boot. They are literally a fraction bigger than the tips they come with...

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #4,904 of 36,226
Still waiting for my PM6.

Side note, Hermes is in the FedEx truck, probably getting it later on today. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back