The Audio Lounge
Oct 15, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #4,187 of 36,081
Received an email from IMR Acoustics today, things are moving along as it was notification of payment being taken

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #4,188 of 36,081
Thanks for the thought. :) Curious about how their tech works.

According to the description it uses tech called HDSS (high definition sound standard).

More info here: http://hdss.com/technology.html

Basically saying that as you listen then drivers constant movements causes heat buildup which in turn causes internal pressure to increase. They use a what they call an ETL device that reduces the heat increases thus keeping the pressure level relatively the same. Sure sounds like some sort of heat sink to me.

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #4,190 of 36,081
According to the description it uses tech called HDSS (high definition sound standard).

More info here: http://hdss.com/technology.html

Basically saying that as you listen then drivers constant movements causes heat buildup which in turn causes internal pressure to increase. They use a what they call an ETL device that reduces the heat increases thus keeping the pressure level relatively the same. Sure sounds like some sort of heat sink to me.

Iiiinteresting. Will look into it more when I'm back. Kinda limited internet here right now. :)

Oct 15, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #4,192 of 36,081
So I came to a sort of an epiphany today. I have a pretty good variety of IEMs to call upon. I usually take a cheaper piece with me when I go on hikes. It looked like rain today so I didn't want to risk a more expensive one if I got caught in a down pour. I have been really liking the TFZ Exclusive 5 quite a bit and was about to grab that one but I knocked over the case that the Jupiter was in and saw that as a sign. I told myself that I couldn't take it out because it might rain...here comes the epiphany...

Why do I have such nice headphones if I don't listen to them? What would rain do them if they were in my ears? Why am I not using these?
I use this same attitude with good wine. Why even have it if you're not going to drink it? The whole point of wine is to share with friends and have some good times and laugh a lot.

The whole point of having good headphones is to listen to good music and embrace the sound.

From here on, I plan to use more of my gear regardless of the circumstance. This isn't to say I'll stop using more of my lower costly gear, I just need to rotate my coveted IEMs into my travels. I want to take advantage of places I go and experience good sound everywhere...I'll get out from behind my podium now.

Just wanted to share...
BTW...my Jupiters were rocking and it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day anyway. Glad I went with them.

Oct 15, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #4,194 of 36,081
So I came to a sort of an epiphany today. I have a pretty good variety of IEMs to call upon. I usually take a cheaper piece with me when I go on hikes. It looked like rain today so I didn't want to risk a more expensive one if I got caught in a down pour. I have been really liking the TFZ Exclusive 5 quite a bit and was about to grab that one but I knocked over the case that the Jupiter was in and saw that as a sign. I told myself that I couldn't take it out because it might rain...here comes the epiphany...

Why do I have such nice headphones if I don't listen to them? What would rain do them if they were in my ears? Why am I not using these?
I use this same attitude with good wine. Why even have it if you're not going to drink it? The whole point of wine is to share with friends and have some good times and laugh a lot.

The whole point of having good headphones is to listen to good music and embrace the sound.

From here on, I plan to use more of my gear regardless of the circumstance. This isn't to say I'll stop using more of my lower costly gear, I just need to rotate my coveted IEMs into my travels. I want to take advantage of places I go and experience good sound everywhere...I'll get out from behind my podium now.

Just wanted to share...
BTW...my Jupiters were rocking and it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day anyway. Glad I went with them.
Great story. :call_me:

Oct 15, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #4,195 of 36,081
Reading about the Brainwavz B400's having 3dD Printed Shells... I found an outfit that is making all kinds of stuff with High Strength 3D Carbon fiber and kevlar composites like this Pipe Wrench where only the jaws are steel. The rest was 3D printed. Not 100% sure, but think all the details are printed, and not machined in after printing. Can't quite get the composites to have steel hardness yet. But can replace aluminum parts for sure !
19666410_23842590179790042_5543537361511514112_n.png

But, wonder how long before we get 3D printed dynamic drivers for earphones? Seems like the options of strength, light weight and ability to print in stiffeners into the design would give lots of options. Just need a printer designed for making really small stuff ; AND time to play around with making and testing designs.... Seems like a good project for some College Students with printer access !

Oct 15, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #4,196 of 36,081
Hey all! As I'm reencoding all my music collection from FLAC to QAAC 256 VBR for portable use on my sd card. I left behind Aoyumi OGG Vorbis files I had onto the sd card.

So far out of 117 GB of FLAC including 24-bit.
20% of reencoding process of my entire library in Qaac only takes 6.61 GB of space on SD card. :D woohoo!

Oct 15, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #4,199 of 36,081
Not if they already bought it though.

If they haven't, that's definitely something up to think about.
Good point. Sometimes I forget some folks aren't poor like me. :D

The most I ever spent was 699 I believe for the 1964 V6-Stage's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back