The Audio Lounge
Oct 15, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #4,201 of 36,081
That's still painful for it to break too :c

It could be worse. Someone could buy a Tia Fourte and sell some limbs :p
Oh my, I didn't think of that. Lol :D

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #4,202 of 36,081
Can someone explain this to me? I think I might be real dumb in Sony standards. Checking out their website.
But "Widely used in instrument manufacturing, the copper lends the player it's unique natural. acoustic sound."
but It's a digital audio player........I'm trying to let this sink in.
@Brooko do you happen to have any idea. anyone?
Screenshot_328.png

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #4,203 of 36,081
Marketing speak gone nuts I'm afraid. But audiophiles will read it, buy it, then start perpetuating new myths. Looks "purty" though

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #4,204 of 36,081
Widely used in instrument manufacturing, the copper lends the player it's unique natural. acoustic sound."
What don't you understand? Copper is used for musical instruments so must sound better because resonance, tone and "superior grounding". :wink: Like copper cables always give more bass and smooth treble. /Facepalm
Sony make some wonderful stuff, but when they go full audiophile they sell the snake oil better than anyone else! :)

Oct 16, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #4,205 of 36,081
I definitely admit the sony A35 and some other products they have are excellent too.

A35 for 100 something with 30 hours of battery is pretty neat!

But @Brooko and @Intensecure
Love you both.

Theres a lot of stuff right on website that is hella mythology.
:joy_cat::joy_cat::laughing:
I had no idea their special lead free soldering apparently makes vocals and sound clearer, etc.

Oct 16, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #4,206 of 36,081
Can someone explain this to me? I think I might be real dumb in Sony standards. Checking out their website.
But "Widely used in instrument manufacturing, the copper lends the player it's unique natural. acoustic sound."
but It's a digital audio player........I'm trying to let this sink in.
@Brooko do you happen to have any idea. anyone?
Uhhh....hey, look, shiny? I mean, there's all that sorta "talk" about metal casing being better for reduction of EMI, but you ever seen a difference between the same DAPs in both metal and plastic casing? As far as I'm concerned, it's just a choice of which finish you like better. Depending on size I'd probably choose metal just because I like its solid feel more often than not. There are some great plastic finishes out there though.

Oct 16, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #4,207 of 36,081
Theres a lot of stuff right on website that is hella mythology.
:joy_cat::joy_cat::laughing:
I had no idea their special lead free soldering apparently makes vocals and sound clearer, etc.

Well, after all, lead is very heavy. So of course it was weighing the vocals down, lol.

Oct 16, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #4,208 of 36,081
That one really got me too! The new A45 has MQA (dubious need) and the ability to be used as external DAC/AMP (That's big, and if I didn't have the e17k already I would have waited for the new model, so it has valid selling points already, but audiophiles might not be convinced - so what can we add?
Ah, Magic Solder! Win-win, get the objectivists and the subjectivists in one marketing sweep. Genius.

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #4,209 of 36,081
They also make musical instruments out of wood as well as copper/brass like mahogany, rosewood,ebony and koa. A dap made from ebony or koa “wood”look pretty cool, as for it changing the sound is anyone’s guess :wink:
On a more serious note @moedawg140 is going in for surgery today, wish him all the best and hope to see him back to his best soon. Good luck fella

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #4,210 of 36,081
They also make musical instruments out of wood as well as copper/brass like mahogany, rosewood,ebony and koa. A dap made from ebony or koa “wood”look pretty cool, as for it changing the sound is anyone’s guess :wink:
On a more serious note @moedawg140 is going in for surgery today, wish him all the best and hope to see him back to his best soon. Good luck fella
pulling for you @moedawg140 hope you recover quickly. Just donated to his gofundme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back