The Audio Lounge
Dec 17, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #21,721 of 36,134

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #21,722 of 36,134

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #21,723 of 36,134
santa.jpg

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #21,725 of 36,134

Dec 18, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #21,728 of 36,134
No music for me :frowning2: infection in my right ear and no appointment till Friday
b2c2a29d69cfd3979ec8a8e4e8dee006--get-well-soon-the-fun.jpg

Snap! Sort of the same issue for me since Friday last. Totally lost hearing in my left ear (my better ear) for a few days but the hearing is coming back slowly.

I don't think it is earwax, I reckon it is middle ear related and hopefully it will resolve itself over the coming days........................

Let us know how it goes with the Doc?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #21,730 of 36,134
No music for me :frowning2: infection in my right ear and no appointment till Friday
You know this is karma for receiving that IMR shipment, right? :p

Headphones and speakers don't require putting anything in your ears, hope you're able to switch to that til the diagnosis.

Is it just me or is IMR going in full on snake oil territory? The R3 frequency range 7hz to 70,000 khz? Seriously?
Eh, it depends on how you look at things. On a technical level, probably possible. It's got electrostatic drivers in it and those things can go super high and super low (I can't personally confirm in what sort of quantities). For example, the Shure KSE1500 quotes 10Hz-50kHz. Does that matter to the human ear? Absolutely not. Is it great for marketing? You bet your earphone it is! Everyone wants to know that it can do the bigger numbers AND the smaller numbers! Granted, while the human ear can't literally hear below (on average) below 20Hz or above 20kHz, the body can in fact register it, somehow. I think scientifically, the body kinda registers it on a physical harmonic level even if it isn't audible, though of course even that has its limits (and I'm not convinced the limits are all that far beyond the audible range). So while scientifically, it has a good chance of being completely factual, for the purpose of listening to music, that stat line is total bollocks :D

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #21,732 of 36,134
Eh, it depends on how you look at things. On a technical level, probably possible. It's got electrostatic drivers in it and those things can go super high and super low (I can't personally confirm in what sort of quantities). For example, the Shure KSE1500 quotes 10Hz-50kHz. Does that matter to the human ear? Absolutely not. Is it great for marketing? You bet your earphone it is! Everyone wants to know that it can do the bigger numbers AND the smaller numbers! Granted, while the human ear can't literally hear below (on average) below 20Hz or above 50kHz, the body can in fact register it, somehow. I think scientifically, the body kinda registers it on a physical harmonic level even if it isn't audible, though of course even that has its limits (and I'm not convinced the limits are all that far beyond the audible range). So while scientifically, it has a good chance of being completely factual, for the purpose of listening to music, that stat line is total bollocks :D

Very valid point! But at the same time, I have trouble believing it... Time will tell. If I had the cash to swing it, I would be curious. But now he's aiming too high with 600£. I mean, that's roughly 1200 CAD. Even with the reduced fidelity coupon, I'm thinking chifi setups might be more worth while.

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #21,733 of 36,134
Unfortunately I can hardly hear in my right ear so nothing sounds right
So no sound left in your right ear, am I right.

Mine is in my left ear which has left me rather ******* off!

Don't be tempted to use even headphones as it could mess things up further for you......................

tenor.gif

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #21,734 of 36,134
Unfortunately I can hardly hear in my right ear so nothing sounds right

So no sound left in your right ear, am I right.

Mine is in my left ear which has left me rather ******* off!

Don't be tempted to use even headphones as it could mess things up further for you......................

tenor.gif

I am overcome with sadness as I give a first listen to my BK2

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #21,735 of 36,134
WOW: Monday

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back