The Audio Lounge
Dec 12, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #21,691 of 36,099
I have finished my review on HIFIMAN Arya!! If you love a huge soundstage, a comfy headphone, and if you're looking for an amazing, warm, detailed, and spacious sound at a good price, Arya may be just your thing!!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/12/light-sound-rulez-hifiman-arya-review.html

HIFIMAN-Arya-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Over-The-Ear-Flagship-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-44.jpg

Dec 13, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #21,694 of 36,099
On a positive note, the Pound continues to improve............................ on the back of this.............................................

johnson-election-win.jpeg

Corbyn, what have you done!!!

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #21,695 of 36,099
Dec 13, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #21,696 of 36,099
Dec 13, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #21,697 of 36,099
Happy Friday

13.jpg

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #21,699 of 36,099
Can I eat alone in an empty apartment? It's not on the list so I assume it's fine :D

As long as you turn on the light before entering the room.......

bloody machete_.jpg

Dec 13, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #21,701 of 36,099
As long as you turn on the light before entering the room.......

Whoever's knife that is, they need to sharpen it. It's far too dull. Not too sharp, not too dull, that's the mark of a good torture knife. And they really need to switch to full-tang, that blade could come out of the handle! You can't have such a weak weapon as a murderer, it's a primary tool of your trade! :p

Dec 13, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #21,702 of 36,099
Whoever's knife that is, they need to sharpen it. It's far too dull. Not too sharp, not too dull, that's the mark of a good torture knife. And they really need to switch to full-tang, that blade could come out of the handle! You can't have such a weak weapon as a murderer, it's a primary tool of your trade! :p
Well then, we invite you to try this one for size?

But only for those Brave enough.................................... or more apt, daft enough! :deadhorse:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headphone-supremus.65820/page-82#post-15360598

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #21,703 of 36,099
Hands up which loungers made it through "Friday the 1*th" unscathed and still in one piece (and I am not talking about the vino)?

Ho! Ho! Ho! and a bucket of snow.......................
5331109_red.jpg

and Her Lightness picked this one
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #21,704 of 36,099
Hands up which loungers made it through "Friday the 1*th" unscathed and still in one piece (and I am not talking about the vino)?

Ho! Ho! Ho! and a bucket of snow.......................
5331109_red.jpg

and Her Lightness picked this one
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Omg if I came home and my girlfriend put my chi,s or any of my dogs in that reindeer outfit i wouldn't be happy! Lol (dont do dog dressing up unless they need something because they're cold)

On an audio note the dx160 audio is just getting better and better, don't know if its burn in or brain or a bit of both? But it sounds fantastic, way above its price point in my opinion. ... it's a shame bluetooth is bad, wifi distance could be further and battery could be better all though all work especially battery and wifi are adequate (not bluetooth).... for my use I could more than use this as my main dap even though my budget could be upto and around 3 times as much.
Sounds fantastic with andro s.

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #21,705 of 36,099
Hey Majo, glad to hear that you are still liking the DX160. As you know, I had one a few weeks earlier than you and I reckon that the burn-in thing is real but of course not everyone is going to agree with us.

I still think the DX160 is good but I continue to have some niggly issues with it and I still probably prefer the Hiby R3 for ease of use, form factor and the sound is just as good in its own way. I think that many of us just crave a different sound flavor from time to time. Where the DX160 really shines is with full size headphones, it has plenty of oomph. With easy to drive IEM's it is not so noticeable

Anyway, getting back to the DX160, I had big issues getting the USB DAC to work, then the Mango player stopped working for me. I then did a new FW update and installed the new USB driver but now the bluetooth will not work, but ironically the USB DAC is working. The included USB cable is fit for the bin for the function of a USB DAC cable. The jury is out for me ............................:smile_phones: ........................

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back