1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. groucho69

2. groucho69

Whazzzup likes this.
  3. groucho69

4. mbwilson111
    Love that song... first heard it in a TV show... in fact it has been featured in several shows. I have never seen this video. I only watch videos when you guys post them here ... or when I am looking for my word of the week posts.

groucho69 likes this.
  5. groucho69

SteveOliver likes this.
  6. DBaldock9
    It appears that my Onkyo DP-X1, which is my best DAP, has more or less stopped working.
    It's boot-looping, even when trying to reinstall "Onkyo_v1.28_update.zip" from within TWRP.
    The battery also dropped from 100% to less than 10%, in about 25-minutes, while I was trying to reload software and get the DP-X1 to boot back up.
    Even if I do get the software working again, the DAP won't be very useful as a portable music device.
    According to several people on the DP-X1 thread, there aren't any replacement batteries available to the public, or the authorized US service center.
    Are the recent iBasso DAPs Android based?
    Can the boot-loader be unlocked (to install TWRP), and can they be rooted with Magisk?
    Do they have access to the Google Play Store?
    I'd consider one that has a 2.5mm TRRS Output jack.

7. rr12267
    Yes ibasso is android base along with their own mango os.

I don’t know about magisk or twrp but lurker has images for I believe dx160,200 and 220 that installs google play. Otherwise ibasso images do not come with google play installed.

SteveOliver and DBaldock9 like this.
  8. majo123
    You can install Google play on a dx160 with apk from apkpure very simply and it works fine.... as you can see I have Amazon music next to it which i installed from google play, no need for lurker images on dx160 for play support. 20191209_213956.jpg

Edit...only 4.4 though and most seem to be nowadays.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    SteveOliver, DBaldock9 and groucho69 like this.
  9. mbwilson111
    Before the Word of the Week changes, I wanted to add one more that y'all forgot...

StSe, Richsvt, HungryPanda and 2 others like this.
  10. Whazzzup

11. groucho69
    Best broom playing I've seen.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  12. groucho69

Whazzzup likes this.
  13. groucho69

HungryPanda and Whazzzup like this.
  14. DBaldock9
    Thanks for your replies.
    I think I did find some info about rooting the DX series - maybe just links to lurker's work.
    It's currently out of my price-range (US$881 at BH Photo), but the DX220 appears to come with a AMP1 MKII module, which has both 3.5mm TRS and 2.5mm TRRS outputs.
    The only place I've been able to find the output specifications for the AMP1 MKII module, is in the DX220 Manual.
    They don't appear to sell the AMP1 MKII separately - at least it's not listed on their website.
    This implies that the Balanced Output could be capable of 1.2Wrms into 32Ω, if it can deliver 192mArms to the load.
    P = V^2 / R
    I = P / V
    Specifications

- 2.5mm Headphone Out -
    Output Level: 6.2Vrms
    Frequency Response: 10Hz~45kHz +/-0.3dB
    S/N: 125dB
    THD+N: 0.00018% (no Load, 3Vrms),0.0002% (32Ω Load, 3Vrms)
    Crosstalk: -119dB

- 3.5mm Headphone Out -
    Output Level: 3.1Vrms
    Frequency Response: 10Hz~45kHz +/-0.3dB
    S/N: 123dB
    THD+N: 0.00031% (no Load, 1.8Vrms),0.00035% (32Ω Load, 1.8Vrms)
    Crosstalk: -117dB

- Line Out -
    Output Level: 3.0Vrms
    Frequency Response: 10Hz~45kHz +/- 0.3dB
    S/N: 122dB
    THD+N: 0.00035% (no Load, 1.8Vrms)
    Crosstalk: -116dB

SteveOliver and rr12267 like this.