The Audio Lounge
Nov 29, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #21,511 of 36,140

Tin t4 has landed. Got my free cable (linsoul refunded it) but waiting for BLON IEM still, even though it has the same tracking as the t4's... Hm.

More impressions on the T4 soon'ish

Ooooh ho ho! Tingly feeling had with Tin T4! Wow... These things pack a punch for a single driver. Bass is present to my liking, well balanced with the rest, nice mid presence, highs that aren't in no way too high... Impressed with a quick listen! Will give more as I go.

Cable is decent, not my favorite, a little too stiff. It is however good quality. Fit is quite comfortable and I love the construction.

At 79, it's a steal!

Nov 29, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #21,512 of 36,140
Dear friends:
Black Friday sale has begun./:002
Now, all products in the store can get special discounts./:001
Don't miss this opportunity. This is an amazing discount!
Please read the picture below for detailed discount information, thank you!

Tihs is store link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1825606

Nicehck has some amazing cable deals for black friday.

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #21,514 of 36,140
I hope everyone had a great turkey day and black Friday.

I ended up returning the LCD-1s I purchased. Just couldn't get past the opinion of everyone here. Plus the Argons are a better headphone IMO.

Man, I hate to hear that. No one else's opinion should overrule your ears. If you love them screw everyone else, lol. Glad you're liking the Argons though.

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #21,515 of 36,140
Man, I hate to hear that. No one else's opinion should overrule your ears. If you love them screw everyone else, lol. Glad you're liking the Argons though.
Thanks brother. I'm cool though. I respect all of your opinions, plus if I would have kept them no one would have bought them when I got bored with them because of the bad stigma. :D

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #21,518 of 36,140
https://www.linsoul.com/products/linsoul-special-set-deals?variant=31405709426827

Set deals has the tape as well at 129 with an xDuoo link... I still have the 30$ coupon as well, could score the deal for 100
Plus you don't have to wait 3 - 4 months to get them. I wonder if they are any good? I've seen a few reviews on the web, but don't know some of the reviewers. HBB has a review but I don't trust him, though he was spot on with the Rolands. Honestly I think he is a Fearless Audio shill.

****Update - Amazon and AliExpress give the tapes excellent reviews. I say go for it. The bass is supposed to be out of this world. Funny how I trust reviews from Amazon and AliExpress more than the usual reviewer fair we get on head-fi.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #21,519 of 36,140
Ah, I see enablement season began :grin:. Who's bought lots of things? I stayed my hand mostly, but I did buy a 1TB SATA SSD for $95.

@Karendar, how's the T4 compare to the T3? Seeing that the T4 has CNT drivers was interesting, though I'm not a huge fan of their turbine faceplate design nor the chromed shells. Much prefer the matte style of the T3 and I like the T3's cable more as well. Just looking at the T4 cable, I feel like it'll be stiff with a bunch of memory character, while the T3's cable is very supple with very little memory character.

Dec 1, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #21,520 of 36,140
Ah, I see enablement season began :grin:. Who's bought lots of things? I stayed my hand mostly, but I did buy a 1TB SATA SSD for $95.

@Karendar, how's the T4 compare to the T3? Seeing that the T4 has CNT drivers was interesting, though I'm not a huge fan of their turbine faceplate design nor the chromed shells. Much prefer the matte style of the T3 and I like the T3's cable more as well. Just looking at the T4 cable, I feel like it'll be stiff with a bunch of memory character, while the T3's cable is very supple with very little memory character.

I can't really vouch for the t3's vs t4's as I never tried the t3's. The cable is pretty much what you'd expect though. Stiff and has memory character. Not the best cable...

Sound wise though, probably the best single driver IEM I've ever tried.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #21,521 of 36,140
It's been awhile! I've just placed an order for a EE Legend X, customs. First ever customs for me and I hope the fit turns out good! Will update in a month when I receive them. :)

Dec 1, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #21,522 of 36,140
Just putting up the Christmas tree and playing some tunes. No Christmas songs yet...

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #21,523 of 36,140
My usual pop in , hi hows it going? Getting Christmassy?
I started early dx160
20191128_211251.jpg
Been using Amazon hd on it too and it sounds excellent, been working flawlessly.
20191130_142113.jpg

Quick dx160 impression...ok first of all dont buy this if you need bluetooth...it sucks.
Buy this if you want excellent audio, have a read about guys, all what the guys are saying is true! ...this is a bargain dap if you want top audio at a fraction of the cost....as I said bluetooth is awful, battery will drain quickly if you leave the screen on bright and full resolution but the audio is awesome, I would take this over dx208 and fiio m11 on audio...

Anyways nice to see ya and merry Christmas

christmas-memes-122-5bfd393d4be0d__700.jpg

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #21,524 of 36,140
Nice to see you @majo123. Hope things are good with you. Merry Christmas back at you...how's the DX160 pair with the Andro?

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #21,525 of 36,140
Nice to see you @majo123. Hope things are good with you. Merry Christmas back at you...how's the DX160 pair with the Andro?

It pairs excellent, the noise floor is one of the stand out points of the dx160 it's so quiet zero hiss, its part of the reason I bought one because a few had commented on how well it pairs with sensitive gear and trust me it does with its virtually dead silent background, I think the only device's that I have experienced that's as quiet are dx200 and mojo , and its even more impressive with the power its achieving whilst remaining hiss free, I'm using about 35 on low gain, hardly touching it....
The audio for me is really well balanced, not to warm your losing anything and not cold and clinical, nice sub bass and lovely textures , stage has excellent depth and width ., honestly this punches way above its price point and all the guys that are shouting about this dap are really calling it....its not perfect as I said bluetooth sucks , and if you don't tweak the screen it will drain quickly I changed resolution and dtopped the brightness significantly and this made all the difference, getting about 9 or 10 hours on 16 or 24 bit flac and about 7 streaming Amazon hd ....now this dap cost me £308 ! And honestly the audio is better than the fiio m11 , I would say I prefer it to 208 from memory too as it's more dynamic with better stage, maybe not quite as refined though bit were talking margins...
Lastly its size and weight makes lovely in the pocket, it's not big and weighs nothing
Im ok thanks for asking although my knees still not good , steroid injections from dec and looking like a partial knee replacement, hey ho could be worse. ...hope alls well with you too and family

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back