The Audio Lounge
Aug 23, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #2,056 of 36,232
Buy 2 Andromeda's on your credit card with accidental damage insurance. When first one breaks, claim insurance while using second one during repair! Haha

PMSL I would be too scared and gutted if i broke andromeda under any circumstances! ...i have a rule I never spend more than £500 on an iem I have considered Jupiter which are a little over that margin and would probably push to £600 but i just have broke so many on my travels or at work etc that I couldn't justify the cost if lost or damaged....i use headphones at home mostly anyway so my iems are just out and about.
Also as I get older I find I'm using portable less and less hence building desktop setup.

Aug 23, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #2,057 of 36,232
Also forgot to mention I read a post but not on here that someone owned valhalla2 and idsd black label and felt they sounded pretty similar, the only thing that puts me off a little and it wouldn't stop me buying one at all is no charge and play which i Iike about the mojo.

What do you mean by charge and play? Using the iDSD while it charges? Or charging a device off of it while using the iDSD?

+1 ; really good thread, thanks indeed for creating it. Kudos to the @OldDude04 for creating the thread.

Thanks, I'm really happy with how this thread has progressed.

@OldDude04 4 prez of Head-fi!!!!

No thank you, I like a stress free existence. If I had that power, I might smite a sponsor! HAHA.

Aug 23, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #2,060 of 36,232
I use mine while it's charging off of my PC's USB all the time. I don't know about using it if it was charging from a wall outlet though.

Oh sorry maybe I got it wrong I didn't think there was a charge and play option ...if so I stand corrected.
But anyway as I said the black label is getting a lot of attention.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #2,061 of 36,232
Yeah, I think we all know that Trinity is a mess right now. :p I'm impressed though that they seem to be slowly getting back in control. But that might just be a false impression.
I need them to get their ducks in a row for just long enough to get out the outstanding KS/IGG orders. I want my Air and I know lots of others want theirs too, not to mention the unfulfilled PM6 orders.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #2,062 of 36,232
Oh sorry maybe I got it wrong I didn't think there was a charge and play option ...if so I stand corrected.
But anyway as I said the black label is getting a lot of attention.

No sorry needed, that is why we have this place, to discuss the hard issues, lol.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2,063 of 36,232
No sorry needed, that is why we have this place, to discuss the hard issues, lol.

These old eyes and brain don't take it in likr it used too lol.

I'm still considering buying black label from the conversations I have had on it with various headfiers and it would be as a desktop instead of valhalla2 ...sorry timorinolee lol ... still deciding though.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #2,064 of 36,232
Just remember to switch the Black label on before connecting to usb if using it as an amp/dac or it will just use it's battery

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #2,065 of 36,232
What do you mean by charge and play? Using the iDSD while it charges? Or charging a device off of it while using the iDSD?

Thanks, I'm really happy with how this thread has progressed.

No thank you, I like a stress free existence. If I had that power, I might smite a sponsor! HAHA.

But you get free cake!

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #2,067 of 36,232
I need them to get their ducks in a row for just long enough to get out the outstanding KS/IGG orders. I want my Air and I know lots of others want theirs too, not to mention the unfulfilled PM6 orders.

Honestly, the constant stalling techniques make me think they are just progressively achieving funds to make small batches of the PM6 and hunters at a time.

Airs are apparently shipping now though.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #2,068 of 36,232
Just remember to switch the Black label on before connecting to usb if using it as an amp/dac or it will just use it's battery

Hopefully I'm clarifying this for folks, turn it on before using it on a cell phone or tablet so that the iDSD will use its own battery and not the battery of the phone or tablet. But don't turn it on before plugging it into a PC or Mac's USB, that way it will charge the iDSD and run on the juice from the USB.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #2,070 of 36,232
Damn, you guys keep talking about the iDSD BL now I have to look into it...Must. Resist. Spending. More. Money.

But seriously, I have also been really considering the Mojo/Poly combo as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back