The Audio Lounge
Aug 1, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #19,591 of 36,108
Well, this thread moves way too fast for me to keep in-sync with! So for those of you who remember I was looking at a new bike the other day, I test rode it earlier and let's just say I didn't need more than 5 minutes to make a decision.

Coming from a 700cc parallel twin I was not entirely sure what to expect from a 1300cc inline four, but apparently gears are irrelevant now
nosmile.gif
There's no such thing as overtaking anymore, you simply delete other vehicles. You know things are serious when the speedo goes up to 200mph!

Had the opportunity to get a snap of the current (right) next to the incoming (left):

Hahaha, join the club about keeping in sync with this thread! I'm at the point where I only scroll back 2-3 pages and answer those posts. :wink: Grats on the new toy!

Aug 1, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #19,593 of 36,108
Who has an upgrade suggestion for a USB desk DAC. Using uDAC 5 now. Happy enough, but you how it is, DAC envy. Looked at Topping D10 and DacMagic Plus. Not sure that is a significant enough upgrade.
Well this is kind of a loaded question. Didn't NuForce have a warmer curve on their uDAC series? I have their uDAC 2 on my desk at work and I have always felt it to be a warm sound sig. Meanwhile, the Topping D20 I used to use at home sounded flat to me, so I'd assume the D10 would be in a similar vein.

Hahaha, join the club about keeping in sync with this thread! I'm at the point where I only scroll back 2-3 pages and answer those posts. :wink: Grats on the new toy!
Sometimes I end up skipping like 6-7 pages. I've all but given up on being able to read everything in thread :p

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #19,594 of 36,108
Well this is kind of a loaded question. Didn't NuForce have a warmer curve on their uDAC series? I have their uDAC 2 on my desk at work and I have always felt it to be a warm sound sig. Meanwhile, the Topping D20 I used to use at home sounded flat to me, so I'd assume the D10 would be in a similar vein.

shrug.gif

Aug 1, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #19,595 of 36,108
20190801_171834.jpg 20190801_171918.jpg 20190801_171950.jpg Hey Loungers got a little something for whomever wants them, just pay the postage to mail them. 2 cables I found cleaning out my stuff. The brown braided one is a VE Espresso in 2.5 2 pin, the white one is an SPC AliExpress 3.5 with MMCX. Whoever wants them PM me first come first serve just need to pay the postage. I found 6 cables in a drawer and these 2 I'll never use. Yes I have a cable problem. so bad I just bought 2 power cables and an interconnect for 2 channel stuff I don;t even own yet. Anyhow hit me back with a PM if you want them and I'll update once gone.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #19,596 of 36,108
My IMR R1's came in today. And I have to say, either my previous pair was broken or this pair is some kind of unicorn. I thought my old pair had some good bass, but this pair hits so hard in the sub bass department that I feel it, like there is actual rumble that vibrates my ears. I'm an openly admitted basshead, from way back in my car audio days, but these made even me say whoa :astonished:. And with the purple filter from my old masters they sound fantastic. So, I guess I need to apologize to y'all for saying I hated you for making me miss my R1's and buy another pair :innocent:. I'm sorry, lol. But now I need to stop buying for a while. I purged and I liked that feeling, but now I'm back up to 5 IEMs again, lol. I'm going to try and make it to Christmas before buying anything else.... Key word is try, lol.

2019-08-01.jpg

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #19,599 of 36,108
Lol, I had heard about the NZ ban on Manhunt, but I didn't know GTA 3 was banned in Australia. Is GTA 4 and GTA 5 allowed?

The irony is I believe GTA 4 & 5 isn't banned. Lol, early days of censorship.

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #19,600 of 36,108
Well, this thread moves way too fast for me to keep in-sync with! So for those of you who remember I was looking at a new bike the other day, I test rode it earlier and let's just say I didn't need more than 5 minutes to make a decision.

Coming from a 700cc parallel twin I was not entirely sure what to expect from a 1300cc inline four, but apparently gears are irrelevant now
nosmile.gif
There's no such thing as overtaking anymore, you simply delete other vehicles. You know things are serious when the speedo goes up to 200mph!

Had the opportunity to get a snap of the current (right) next to the incoming (left):

9941043_l.jpg
Whoop whoop new bike, life just doesn’t get any better that that. What a buzzzzz
Looking forward to getting my Blade back on the road and start deleting everything around me lol
I used to have a nice ride to and from work when occasionally this fella on his 1200 Bandit all tricked out would try it on.....every time!!!!!! I used to string him along for a mile or two and then hit the delete button......instant deletion.
I must have driven him insane :ksc75smile:
Congrats on the new bike, take it easy fella.......well, for a few minutes anyways :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #19,601 of 36,108

nosmile.gif

9941043_l.jpg
Congrats on the new bike from me as well. I used to own a Ducati M900, but haven't been on a bike for ages. I have a little bit of a weak spot for turbo Hayabusas these days, but if I were to start riding again I would most likely go for an easy-going custom bobber. (Not that suicidal, lol!) Would love to build it myself as well. Before I went on to become a scientist/historian of science, I was actually trained as a mechanic. I am pretty good with metal and different types of welding. Do miss certain things of those days.

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #19,603 of 36,108
Whoop whoop new bike, life just doesn’t get any better that that. What a buzzzzz
Looking forward to getting my Blade back on the road and start deleting everything around me lol
I used to have a nice ride to and from work when occasionally this fella on his 1200 Bandit all tricked out would try it on.....every time!!!!!! I used to string him along for a mile or two and then hit the delete button......instant deletion.
Congrats on the new bike, take it easy fella.......well, for a few minutes anyways :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LOL! If he thought he was going to take a 'blade on a Bandit then he was likely at least somewhat insane before
xd.gif

Congrats on the new bike from me as well. I used to own a Ducati M900, but haven't been on a bike for ages. I have a little bit of a weak spot for turbo Hayabusas these days, but if I were to start riding again I would most likely go for an easy-going custom bobber. (Not that suicidal, lol!) Would love to build it myself as well. Before I went on to become a scientist/historian of science, I was actually trained as a mechanic. I am pretty good with metal and different types of welding. Do miss certain things of those days.

What was the cause of your distancing from motorcycles? I'm not sure I'd ever be able to shake the inner-compulsion to get back on two wheels.

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #19,604 of 36,108

Not good I'm afraid. :frowning2: I assume the delete button is 70+ mph, heck even 150+ mph.

The problem is us metal box drivers don't see you coming at those speeds. I can only imagine the guilt I would feel if you hit me and were killed, even if I couldn't possibly have seen you.

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #19,605 of 36,108

Ya, that pretty much describes my situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back