The Audio Lounge
Jul 12, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #18,887 of 36,127
I picked up a pair of the hybrid pads for the Nighthawks. We will see how it sounds with these....

Many say, myself included, that the magic lies in those pads.

How did you manage to get a pair? New I hope.

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #18,889 of 36,127
Many say, myself included, that the magic lies in those pads.

How did you manage to get a pair? New I hope.

He bought a famous pair that belonged to Eric LaSalle's parents in "Coming to America":fearful:

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #18,890 of 36,127
I found a used pair on Ebay. He didn't like them. I paid $55 for these. Not bad for a highly sought after pair of pads that aren't manufactured any longer.

How used are they?

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #18,893 of 36,127
used twice, so pretty much new.

My apologies as I went straight for the "Soul Glo" treatment/effect:flushed: They look like a pretty clean pair:beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #18,894 of 36,127

I hope you like them. So, is the NH itself new? Do you still have to do the burn in? I left mine burning in at my desk for two weeks after I got them... because it is the law you know :) Of course I listened to them whenever I was at my desk and I did give them short breaks.

Did anything change? Who knows... who cares... I loved them out of the box and I still love them.

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #18,895 of 36,127
My apologies as I went straight for the "Soul Glo" treatment/effect:flushed:
LOL. I don't buy things like ear pads unless they are in good shape, which means like new. You see some people trying to sell ear pads that are all greasy, pealing, caked with dead skin, and disgusting.

WyPuUIs.jpg

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #18,896 of 36,127
LOL. I don't buy things like ear pads unless they are in good shape, which means like new. You see some people trying to sell ear pads that are all greasy, pealing, caked with dead skin, and disgusting.

WyPuUIs.jpg

This is from a listing??? Wow!

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #18,897 of 36,127
LOL, you know as soon as you said used my worst (your photo here) came to mind! It's not like someone selling a used classic car (although the seats would probably be first to go for me in that case) and I'm always amazed someone would even post that ad there:rolling_eyes:

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #18,898 of 36,127
I hope you like them. So, is the NH itself new? Do you still have to do the burn in? I left mine burning in at my desk for two weeks after I got them... because it is the law you know :) Of course I listened to them whenever I was at my desk and I did give them short breaks.

Did anything change? Who knows... who cares... I loved them out of the box and I still love them.
The NH's are open box from ListenUP, on Amazon, with full warranty. They were demo so baerly used. They look brand new, had the retail packaging as seen on unboxing videos. I'm burning in and listening today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back