The Audio Lounge
Aug 18, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #1,591 of 36,192
You can't go with with either Ken or Jack's creations, to be fair - is there anywhere nearby you can demo either?

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #1,592 of 36,192
@Karendar - it happened. :wink:

IMG_20170818_090523197.jpg
IMG_20170818_090512983.jpg

The new IMR-R1 (second picture is the Trinity Hunter, for size context). Won't have time to listen until my lunchbreak, but they look good and they seem pretty small, bearing in mind the Hunter isn't a big IEM.

Please note (as per @JustBobski ) that the cable and filters will be different in the production models - I think the filter change is just cosmetic, though, as Bob has mentioned this is the final tuning and filter choice soundwise.

Further updates to follow over the weekend! :wink:

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #1,593 of 36,192
@Karendar - it happened. :wink:

The new IMR-R1 (second picture is the Trinity Hunter, for size context). Won't have time to listen until my lunchbreak, but they look good and they seem pretty small, bearing in mind the Hunter isn't a big IEM.

Please note (as per @JustBobski ) that the cable and filters will be different in the production models - I think the filter change is just cosmetic, though, as Bob has mentioned this is the final tuning and filter choice soundwise.

Further updates to follow over the weekend! :wink:

Looks good! Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Aug 18, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #1,595 of 36,192
Look rather tasty!
Just on one of the Triniy threads a minute ago, Bob was being crucified by numerous head-fiers. I can understand some of this with the Trinity fiascos but I'm sure it wasn't ALL his fault. Still, looks like the new company are in for a tough time trying to win over the community again! (too many similarities with the old company)??

Aug 18, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #1,596 of 36,192
Just on one of the Triniy threads a minute ago, Bob was being crucified by numerous head-fiers.
I don't know about "crucified" but some very strong criticism from Brooko, who was involved with Trinity from the beginning. It should be read, if only for context, I think.

Aug 18, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #1,597 of 36,192
I know that Brooko was test/advising Bob with filters/sound quality issues and recommendations. Still I do agree that people will take time to assess and decide if the new company is or isn't for them, however 'crucified may have been a little harsh agreed.

Aug 18, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #1,598 of 36,192
I have to admit tho, being in the UK, I didn't get bad service from Trinity. When they messed up, it was put right fairly quickly.
I know they really ballsed up their customer services with failed deadlines, delivery promises and refunds???
I have to say that chatting to Bob has always been a pleasure and he seems to be a really nice guy imho!
However, before accusing me of being a 'fan-boy' I am still waiting for Icarus I&II myself, and I'm not going to be pre-ordering his new iem myself as it's a bit rich for my humble income. I think I'm in the camp that says I'll wait for it to be released and reviewed by a few before starting my saving up!

Aug 18, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #1,599 of 36,192
I don't know about "crucified" but some very strong criticism from Brooko, who was involved with Trinity from the beginning. It should be read, if only for context, I think.

Seems amazing how much criticism there is when your not the boss/owner etc.

In hind site I would have refused to have done many things for trinity but you can't roll back time.

There are quite a few who know what went off and the position that left me in.

So I had to leave and go on my own.

Aug 18, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #1,600 of 36,192
amazing how much criticism there is
I don't know if you read the comments, but I think half the surprise was from whom the comment came as much as the contents.
And I'm sure you can see the possible issue, the same address etc.
Maybe you would care to address them (no pun intended)?

Aug 18, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #1,601 of 36,192
Seems amazing how much criticism there is when your not the boss/owner etc.

In hind site I would have refused to have done many things for trinity but you can't roll back time.

There are quite a few who know what went off and the position that left me in.

So I had to leave and go on my own.
You dont really have a choice when you need money to survive.

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #1,602 of 36,192
I guess I got the pitchfork as well when I mentioned something in regards to the company and it's affiliation. Just tried to clarify some things since I got the info here. But oh wells, people believe what they want to believe.

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #1,603 of 36,192
I don't know if you read the comments, but I think half the surprise was from whom the comment came as much as the contents.
And I'm sure you can see the possible issue, the same address etc.
Maybe you would care to address them (no pun intended)?

It's not same address but in same building. I've had an office here for years and have zero intention of moving.

I also freelance for lots of other companies doing design and sourcing work and have been based here for over 5 years.

It's not a comfortable situation at the moment but I know they will move soon.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #1,604 of 36,192
You always have a choice. I just find it more than a little ironic that with things going downhill so fast, more and more models kept coming out (even when the other ones had problems, and weren't being delivered). And it was the same "pressure" marketing - big discounts for forward orders. Like PT Barnum said - there is one born every minute.

But if I was the face of the company, and I could see how bad it was going, and I could see the outright lying going on - would I still be fronting videos, creating new models, selling the spiel? I'm sorry - but the whole sudden move (when everything is still tied in so close), and the fresh start with exactly the same type of business model (or at least thats how it looks) - and more importantly the database emails to people who did not agree to have their details shared ....... ?

Ethics people.

I say this as a member and not as a Moderator.

500 GBP will get you the LZ Big Dipper (no switches) or an ES3 etc. I'm just suggesting to go in with your eyes open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back