The Astell & Kern AK240
Oct 30, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #7,906 of 9,131

Does this help?  http://www.iriverinc.com/support/wheretobuy.asp

Exactly what I was wanting. I do not see ProStudio Sound and Music on there and there is no way they are an authorized dealer with such low prices.

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #7,907 of 9,131
I found on Amazon through ProStudio Sound and Music the following for $1969:

• AK240
  • [COLOR=111111]Minerva, Hand Made Italian Leather case[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=111111]SanDisk 128GB MicroSD card[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=111111]PEM12 USB Docking/Charging Station[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=111111]Optical Audio Connection Cable with Extreme Audio High Speed USB Wall Charger Kit[/COLOR]

[COLOR=111111]Everything is supposedly new in the box, but how can they do this price? Are they legit or is it one of those deals that are too good to be true?[/COLOR]

I don't believe that A&K has authorized dealers like Sennheiser does. ProStudio Sound is a good company that delivers what they promise. They do it to clear out inventory since there is AK240SS and the AK380 now. If you want an AK240 it can be a good deal for you. They don't want to make money on the sale, just get as much of their cost back out of the inventory as possible.

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #7,908 of 9,131
I don't believe that A&K has authorized dealers like Sennheiser does. ProStudio Sound is a good company that delivers what they promise. They do it to clear out inventory since there is AK240SS and the AK380 now. If you want an AK240 it can be a good deal for you. They don't want to make money on the sale, just get as much of their cost back out of the inventory as possible.

What an interesting concept, a retailer that doesn't want to make money on new goods.

An A&K warranty is valid only when the item is purchased from an authorized dealer.

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #7,909 of 9,131
ASTELL AND KERNS/IRIVER have ONLY AUTHORIZED DEALERS PERIOD. any authorized dealer posting prices under retail will be sanctioned as they all sign agreement to only POST retail prices. after you contact an AUTHORIZED DEALER you can basically work out any price but you cannot post any prices other than full retail.
buying from an un-authorized dealer gives you ZERO WARRANTY PERIOD NO EXCEPTIONS.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #7,910 of 9,131
What an interesting concept, a retailer that doesn't want to make money on new goods.

An A&K warranty is valid only when the item is purchased from an authorized dealer.

Sorry I tried to share my experience with buying from ProStudio Sound and Music. I should really know better. The actual language is "authorized agent" in the warranty document. WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NEW IN ORIGINAL PACKAGES WITH ALL ACCESSORIES AND DOCUMENTATION. My attempt to explain why such a deep discount just got me insulted.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #7,911 of 9,131
Sorry I tried to share my experience with buying from ProStudio Sound and Music. I should really know better. The actual language is "authorized agent" in the warranty document. WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NEW IN ORIGINAL PACKAGES WITH ALL ACCESSORIES AND DOCUMENTATION. My attempt to explain why such a deep discount just got me insulted.

I didn't intend to insult you, but I did feel your post expressed a bit of naiveté. I'm happy for you that your experience was a good one.

Enjoy your 240 ...

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #7,912 of 9,131
right now on amazon there are 5 sellers claiming AUTHORIZED with less than retail posted prices for new units ALL ARE BREAKING THEIR SIGNED AGREEMENT. astell and kerns has a very difficult time keeping authorized dealers to hold to their agreements but they do go after bad dealers weekly. eventually these dealers are banned so its buyer beware. 
if you see a dealer with full retail prices they are trustworthy as any posting less you are taking all the risks.

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #7,913 of 9,131
  just got the unit, was wondering how long it takes to scan media from an almost full 128gb SD card?  I used this card with no problems on the AK Jr and during bootup it will tell you how many songs found.  On the ak240, the scan looks like it's running in the background and it's been over an hour and the icon still remains on the top of the screen (at least I think it's the scanning media icon). 

When the AK is scanning the card, there should be two little icons in the upper left corner.  One for the mounted card and another for the scan process.  You can  use the drop down menu to see what processes are running.  Just slide your finger down from the top of the screen to drag it down.

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #7,915 of 9,131
  Hi,
I'm new to AK240. Any review on the 1.25 and 1.18 firmware?

There's a lot of impressions in this thread. Generally, most are happy with the SQ and feature enhancements. Probably the biggest complaints are the unnecessary addition of home screen buttons that cover up the album art and the prominent location of the Store/Download feature which is completely useless for anyone in the US.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #7,916 of 9,131

There's a lot of impressions in this thread. Generally, most are happy with the SQ and feature enhancements. Probably the biggest complaints are the unnecessary addition of home screen buttons that cover up the album art and the prominent location of the Store/Download feature which is completely useless for anyone in the US.

Yes, totally useless.

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #7,918 of 9,131
Any of you guys have heard the AK380? Any thoughts about upgrading from the 240?

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #7,919 of 9,131

Users who are viewing this thread

Back