The Astell & Kern AK240
Oct 16, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #7,876 of 9,131
Anyone know how to change the sorting on any given track list? Some albums I see in the ascending order and others are descending. I make sure all my tracks are numbered correctly. My playlists are also in descending alpha order too.

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #7,878 of 9,131
  I have RWAK240 and AK240SS, I love them very much. But i need to let them go bcuz i'm planning to upgrade to another combo (ak380 + fullsize) 
All of them in great condition, like new and come with original package and all the accessories.

If you r interested, pls feel free to pm me and we will do discuss in detail, of course i will send to u some pics of them
Many thanks, 

Hi,
I have interest on a modification of my ak240 by redwine audio

I know it is called rwak240.

what do you prefer between rwak240 and ak240ss?

when I've heard ak240ss, it sounded better than ak240.

what is a better way to get better sound between modification of ak240 and getting new ak240ss?

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #7,879 of 9,131
  Hi,
I have interest on a modification of my ak240 by redwine audio

I know it is called rwak240.

what do you prefer between rwak240 and ak240ss?

when I've heard ak240ss, it sounded better than ak240.

what is a better way to get better sound between modification of ak240 and getting new ak240ss?

RWAK240 vs AK240SS? 
Both are different. RWAK240 has a better high extension and better textured. The midrange is also very seductively transparent.
AK240SS full bodied and warm. I prefer the midrange of RWAK240. It's a tough call.
If you already own Ak240, I think it's best to go with the upgrade RWAK240 route.
Otherwise you can go and buy ak240SS and still have the option to upgrade into RWAK240SS for the future.

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #7,881 of 9,131
I could not hear a difference between SS and RwAk240 owning both. And calling AK240SS warm and full bodied is really a stretch IMO. That is why I tell people to tryst only their own ears, because we visibly all hear different things.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's like paintings some people are cursed with such eyes and willing to pay millions for a painting. The same with those who can taste different wine or different quality food.
As for me I could hear difference substantial enough between AK240SS and RWAK240. I was even impressed with the improvement from AK240SS to  RWAK240SS and now my AK380 is already in the middle of RWAK upgrade.

Oct 18, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #7,882 of 9,131
I agree wholeheartedly. It's like paintings some people are cursed with such eyes and willing to pay millions for a painting. The same with those who can taste different wine or different quality food.
As for me I could hear difference substantial enough between AK240SS and RWAK240. I was even impressed with the improvement from AK240SS to  RWAK240SS and now my AK380 is already in the middle of RWAK upgrade.
oooh the curse of perfect hearing. Thank God us simple people don't suffer this plague.

Oct 19, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #7,883 of 9,131

RWAK240 vs AK240SS? 
Both are different. RWAK240 has a better high extension and better textured. The midrange is also very seductively transparent.
AK240SS full bodied and warm. I prefer the midrange of RWAK240. It's a tough call.
If you already own Ak240, I think it's best to go with the upgrade RWAK240 route.
Otherwise you can go and buy ak240SS and still have the option to upgrade into RWAK240SS for the future.

I decided on a different route for "upgrading" my AK240 :)

Not quite as portable, but the difference in sound quality is night and day.  The AK240 on its own is anemic in comparison.  I've got a 6" toslink to mini toslink on the way from Moon Audio, once that gets here I'll see what the best way to bundle them together.

Oct 19, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #7,884 of 9,131
  I decided on a different route for "upgrading" my AK240 :)

Not quite as portable, but the difference in sound quality is night and day.  The AK240 on its own is anemic in comparison.  I've got a 6" toslink to mini toslink on the way from Moon Audio, once that gets here I'll see what the best way to bundle them together.

I've been thinking about a Chord- specifically the Hugo.  The thing I've become addicted to on the AK240 is the sensational DSD playback.  

The AK won't pass DSD to the Chord-- isn't that a bit of a downgrade-- on DSD files only?  I'm sure the Chord improves any other type of file.

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #7,885 of 9,131

I've been thinking about a Chord- specifically the Hugo.  The thing I've become addicted to on the AK240 is the sensational DSD playback.  

The AK won't pass DSD to the Chord-- isn't that a bit of a downgrade-- on DSD files only?  I'm sure the Chord improves any other type of file.

I've played plenty of DSD files on the AK240 that it then sends out as regular PCM to the Mojo and it still sounds way better than the AK240 itself.  

Oct 19, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #7,886 of 9,131
  I've played plenty of DSD files on the AK240 that it then sends out as regular PCM to the Mojo and it still sounds way better than the AK240 itself.  

Good to know.  Because the AK240 into my WA5LE is mind blowing as it is.  Now I'm seriously interested. 

Oct 19, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #7,887 of 9,131

Good to know.  Because the AK240 into my WA5LE is mind blowing as it is.  Now I'm seriously interested. 

The Mojo is seriously powerful too.  You can't see it in that photo, but that plug actually belonged to a LCD-4.  I was at Stereo Exchange on Thursday to listen to the LCD-4 at the little event they had, and Chord was there with the HugoTT, Hugo, and their 1 day old Mojo.  I tried the LCD-4 with all 3, and at least in the not ideal listening conditions and the limited time I had, the Mojo was very much the equal of its far more expensive siblings.  It was that fact that it was able to drive the difficult LCD-4, that I knew it would have absolutely no problem with my LCD-X in comparison to the AK240 itself, even when using them in balanced mode.  The thing is honestly so good that I haven't been using my Uberfrost/Lyr 2 Schiit Stack since I got it home.

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #7,888 of 9,131
Does anyone have instructions + the FW hex previous to 1.25?  I think it was v.1.18.  I have an AK 100ii

I upgraded this morning, but would prefer to rollback to the previous version asap - the new menu added two extra buttons, which now cover up artwork not he main screen (not when playing) but the previous screen.  I couldn't find a way to edit this.

Has anyone been able to 'rollback' successfully?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back