The Astell & Kern AK240
Oct 25, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #7,891 of 9,131
Yes, significant problems from day one.  It was a nightmare to transfer all my music onto the device, had to do it in stages over several hours.  The android transfer app is horrendous; it repeatedly crashes, can't read the device, tells me to restart the device, etc., A&K in my opinion did an exceptionally poor job testing this player with users who have moderate to large sized libraries and even less with users who use macs. 

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #7,892 of 9,131
Did my huge classical library with a Mac.  It does take hours, but one you get the hang of it it's not too bad . . .  

Didn't lord Vader say, "Resistance is futile" ?

images

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #7,893 of 9,131
  Yes, significant problems from day one.  It was a nightmare to transfer all my music onto the device, had to do it in stages over several hours.  The android transfer app is horrendous; it repeatedly crashes, can't read the device, tells me to restart the device, etc., A&K in my opinion did an exceptionally poor job testing this player with users who have moderate to large sized libraries and even less with users who use macs. 

Agreed.

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #7,894 of 9,131

Yep.  I found that I had different results with different cables.  I tried over 10 cables and most provided mediocre and inconsistent performance but I found 2 which were much better than the rest.  One was a generic cable I received with a portable HD and the other was an LHL cable I received with my Pulse order.  I almost never have any issues transferring music which I use the LHL cable. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #7,895 of 9,131
Well, I purchased Currawong's AK240 so I figured I'd pop in here. :)

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #7,897 of 9,131
Oh man, please tell me you did not do that, his AK240 is.....CURSED. If you play anything else than J-Pop, then you will be transformed into a Japanese female idol FOREVER.

Sweet, just in time for Halloweeen!! :D

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #7,898 of 9,131
just got the unit, was wondering how long it takes to scan media from an almost full 128gb SD card?  I used this card with no problems on the AK Jr and during bootup it will tell you how many songs found.  On the ak240, the scan looks like it's running in the background and it's been over an hour and the icon still remains on the top of the screen (at least I think it's the scanning media icon). 

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #7,899 of 9,131
  just got the unit, was wondering how long it takes to scan media from an almost full 128gb SD card?  I used this card with no problems on the AK Jr and during bootup it will tell you how many songs found.  On the ak240, the scan looks like it's running in the background and it's been over an hour and the icon still remains on the top of the screen (at least I think it's the scanning media icon). 

most effective way is to transfer your files first or empty the micro sd then format it using your ak240 then load back the songs...

Oct 29, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #7,901 of 9,131
I found on Amazon through ProStudio Sound and Music the following for $1969:

1. AK240
  2. Minerva, Hand Made Italian Leather case
  3. SanDisk 128GB MicroSD card
  4. PEM12 USB Docking/Charging Station
  5. Optical Audio Connection Cable with Extreme Audio High Speed USB Wall Charger Kit

Everything is supposedly new in the box, but how can they do this price? Are they legit or is it one of those deals that are too good to be true? Below is the image.

71Mzxqla0ZL._SL1500_.jpg

Oct 29, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #7,902 of 9,131
Call iriver to confirm they are an authorized dealer so your warranty is intact. Great deal if they are ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back