The Astell & Kern AK240
Aug 24, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #7,696 of 9,131
Anyone noticing lower battery life on the new firmware? Usually the battery lasts me the entire day for trips and then some.

I accidently left wifi on so it may have been searching for wifi connections while in my pocket which could explain it but it's worrying. This is literally the first time I had to connect it to my power bank for charging.

Do you feel super warm while the unit is in your pocket for a couple of hours and is there any enough ventilation?

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #7,697 of 9,131
Yea my tests so far are suggesting 5.5-6hrs today. I might do a reset anyway just to be safe.

Full charged overnight. So far about 1:15 for 17%

Edit: started the clock at 95% battery. In a bit over 3 hours I hit 60% battery.

Do you felt super warm while the unit is in your pocket for a couple of hours and good enough ventilation?

It does feel warm but not super warm. Not warmer than before anyway.

Ventilation isn't great. To conclude my test today I hit just under 7 hours going from 95%-15% battery so the wifi was definitely the issue there.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #7,698 of 9,131
Hello everyone,

I have bought an AK240 and it is not recognized by my MacBook Pro. I have tried it with the original USB cable and some others.
I have an AK120 (first version) too and when I plug it to the MacBook it is recognized without problem.
I would appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks in advance.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #7,699 of 9,131
  Hello everyone,

I have bought an AK240 and it is not recognized by my MacBook Pro. I have tried it with the original USB cable and some others.
I have an AK120 (first version) too and when I plug it to the MacBook it is recognized without problem.
I would appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming you're using the Android File Transfer App?

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #7,700 of 9,131
Hello,

Thanks for your answer. No, I'm not using nothing......
confused_face(1).gif

But my AK120 works fine in this way when I connect it to the MacBook...

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #7,704 of 9,131
  chawya22,

I've dowloaded Android File Transfer and I'm charging my AK 240 with music right now.

I don't understand why the AK120 works fine whitout but.....anyway.

Thanks a lot!!
bigsmile_face.gif

I don't really know why Astell&Kern decided that the 120 would be mountable and the 240, as a MTP device, would need AFT. You will definitely have a love/hate relationship with AFT (Android File Transfer). Good Luck

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #7,705 of 9,131
I have a strange Wifi streaming issue with my AK240 ( had the same with my previous AK100ii):
My music library is on a Mac mini connected with my Wifi Network. I have the server software Asset UPNP by dbpoweramp. I can see the music server in my AK240 (via AKconnect and also in the old firmware MQS streaming,,) If I start the playback, the music stops after some seconds. The Wifi Network is very good...streaming works to any other device and also streaming from AK240 to other streaming players in my house works perfect. In my opinion the Asset UPNP is the best music server software especially for classical music, so I want to use it..
As mentioned before I couldn't stream to my old AK100ii, too.
Thank you for your help!
Michael
PS: If I run MQS server software from river, I see only a small part of my music on the AK240 especially no HD music can be seen.....so this is no alternative

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #7,706 of 9,131
No battery issues here.  Pretty much as same as before. (I did a hard reset after the upgrade)

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #7,708 of 9,131
I never tested the sounds etc after the upgrade. I always do a hard reset after any software upgrades on phones etc but that's just my preference.

You have to back up all your data, songs etc before or you will lose them.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #7,709 of 9,131
I never tested the sounds etc after the upgrade. I always do a hard reset after any software upgrades on phones etc but that's just my preference.

You have to back up all your data, songs etc before or you will lose them.
Thanks for the respond. Good to know , yea I have over a thousands songs in different formats so I don't think I will attempt that then. Thanks

Mike

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #7,710 of 9,131
i have found that when i connect my 240 to my computer to transfer music etc that it pairs up much faster now after the new firmware upgrade,i find that a big plus thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back