The Astell & Kern AK240
Aug 23, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #7,681 of 9,131
  I have the X3, X1, X3SG, DX50, X5SG, DX90, AK120II and AK240. And as a matter of fact, that's the exact order I'd put them in
biggrin.gif

Rating from good to best ?

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #7,684 of 9,131
Anyone noticing lower battery life on the new firmware? Usually the battery lasts me the entire day for trips and then some.

I accidently left wifi on so it may have been searching for wifi connections while in my pocket which could explain it but it's worrying. This is literally the first time I had to connect it to my power bank for charging.

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #7,685 of 9,131
Anyone noticing lower battery life on the new firmware? Usually the battery lasts me the entire day for trips and then some.

I accidently left wifi on so it may have been searching for wifi connections while in my pocket which could explain it but it's worrying. This is literally the first time I had to connect it to my power bank for charging.

That's most likely it. I haven't noticed any change in battery life. I always recommend to leave WiFi off when you're not using it. It can really drain a battery (cell phones as well).

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #7,686 of 9,131

I did.  You can search this thread, I think there were others who thought so too.  

I was pretty active here before the pro-1.18 period so yeah I came across those views (and actually more views that 1.15/1.16/1.18 all sound the same), unfortunately I'm in the other camp and I'm aware I'm far from alone. Thanks though.

Continue in search for someone who prefer(s/ed) 1.15 before upgrading to 1.25~

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #7,687 of 9,131

That's most likely it. I haven't noticed any change in battery life. I always recommend to leave WiFi off when you're not using it. It can really drain a battery (cell phones as well).

How long does yours last during normal playback? I was out for about 5 hours with it on the entire time before it died. Wifi was on and I distinctly remember pulling it out of my pocket once to see a notification that a wifi network is available so I assume it was searching the entire time which would definitely impact battery life.

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #7,688 of 9,131
How long does yours last during normal playback? I was out for about 5 hours with it on the entire time before it died. Wifi was on and I distinctly remember pulling it out of my pocket once to see a notification that a wifi network is available so I assume it was searching the entire time which would definitely impact battery life.

It depends...if I'm listening to 192 or DSD, about 4-5 hours...if I'm listening to MP3s or Lossless, then about 7-8 hours (with WiFi off).

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #7,689 of 9,131

It depends...if I'm listening to 192 or DSD, about 4-5 hours...if I'm listening to MP3s or Lossless, then about 7-8 hours (with WiFi off).

I listen to Mp3 / lossless almost exclusively.

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #7,690 of 9,131

The battery life on my stock AK240 doesn't seem to be impacted, whether negatively or positively, after the FW update. In any case, I have a power charger at work for any sticky situations - I wouldn't want to be going home without any music! 
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #7,691 of 9,131

The battery life on my stock AK240 doesn't seem to be impacted, whether negatively or positively, after the FW update. In any case, I have a power charger at work for any sticky situations - I wouldn't want to be going home without any music! :wink:

Because it felt far shorter than I'm used to. Didn't realize having wifi on made such a difference. Only had it on because I forgot it after the update.

I always have my power bank too but it's 1 charge slot which is usually taken by my phone on the way home.

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #7,692 of 9,131
6 hours is average with high-res and 5 hours with DSD.

As members reported here, WiFi will always kill your battery quicker because it is constantly trying to find one to lock into.
Just turn it off. You don't need it on the road.

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #7,693 of 9,131
Yea my tests so far are suggesting 5.5-6hrs today. I might do a reset anyway just to be safe.

Full charged overnight. So far about 1:15 for 17%

Edit: started the clock at 95% battery. In a bit over 3 hours I hit 60% battery.

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #7,694 of 9,131
Yea my tests so far are suggesting 5.5-6hrs today. I might do a reset anyway just to be safe.

Full charged overnight. So far about 1:15 for 17%

Edit: started the clock at 95% battery. In a bit over 3 hours I hit 60% battery.

Do you felt super warm while the unit is in your pocket for a couple of hours and good enough ventilation?

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #7,695 of 9,131
Do you felt super warm while the unit is in your pocket for a couple of hours and good enough ventilation?

For FW 1.25, I ended up disabling the EQ I use to have on 1.18. I was also convinced that FW 1.25 has a lower operating temp than what I remember on 1.18. Perhaps using EQ requires more processing power?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back