The Astell & Kern AK240
Aug 28, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #7,711 of 9,131
  i have found that when i connect my 240 to my computer to transfer music etc that it pairs up much faster now after the new firmware upgrade,i find that a big plus thus far

you must be using Windows ...

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #7,712 of 9,131
How can I check what firmware version is running on my AK240?  I just updated probably to 1.25 and now have issues using my AK240 as a USB DAC to a windows PC.  Anyone else have problems in DAC mode after update?  Prior to update I have had several months of smooth connection...

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #7,714 of 9,131
How can I check what firmware version is running on my AK240?  I just updated probably to 1.25 and now have issues using my AK240 as a USB DAC to a windows PC.  Anyone else have problems in DAC mode after update?  Prior to update I have had several months of smooth connection...

I didnt have to reinstall drivers.

Worked fine after upgrade

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #7,715 of 9,131
Mine is acting aired too. I cannot use the dac alone and it's does odd things too. . It locksmupmat times. It also does let me use the pull down menu all the time. It pulls down and goes right back up ,

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #7,716 of 9,131
I just got my AK240 on Tuesday so far and I love the thing so far except for one thing.  With my pc the AK240 works fine as a DAC, but when using my Macbook Pro, I can only get a hiss out of it.  I'm using some Angies from the balanced output if that makes any difference.  Has anyone had any issues with this?  Running firmware 1.25 on it as well.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #7,717 of 9,131
I just got my AK240 on Tuesday so far and I love the thing so far except for one thing.  With my pc the AK240 works fine as a DAC, but when using my Macbook Pro, I can only get a hiss out of it.  I'm using some Angies from the balanced output if that makes any difference.  Has anyone had any issues with this?  Running firmware 1.25 on it as well.

Check you sampling rate in MIDI settings. Sounds like it is incorrectly set to 352. 192 should be max.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #7,719 of 9,131
  Yep that did it, thanks.

Glad that fixed it. You may want to invest in a bit perfect player app that can switch the proper sampling rate on the fly. I would recommend any of the following:

1. Fidelia
  2. Audirvana
  3. Bitperfect

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #7,720 of 9,131

you must be using Windows ...

LOL, yes the Mac and ATP is basic at best, but I did notice much better stability with 1.25. I can connect and over the course of an hour, I can disconnect/reconnect by justing opening and closing the ATP app without the dreaded "device not found". Never was able to do it before. With 1.18, it was 50/50 chance that once the AK240 went into sleep mode if ATP could reconnect without physically having to disconnect/connect the USB plug.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #7,721 of 9,131

Glad that fixed it. You may want to invest in a bit perfect player app that can switch the proper sampling rate on the fly. I would recommend any of the following:

1. Fidelia
  2. Audirvana
  3. Bitperfect

Try VOX on the app store. It is a free app that plays all files with the exception of DSD. It switches the sampling rate automatically as long as this feature is checked in the preferences. Very small footprint too with menu bar controls as an option.

AFT is a bitch to use. Fortunately, I have almost filled my internal storage with hi-res FLAC files, so pretty soon I won't have to deal with this buggy software anymore. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #7,723 of 9,131
Just wondering, has there been any reaction from iriver/AK to the user remarks after the fw update?

I rarely see or hear anything from AK other than new product announcements. iriver could use a shot in the arm to help with its sales/service. Part of the expectation owners have when buying a luxury item is top level communications and service.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #7,724 of 9,131
Try VOX on the app store. It is a free app that plays all files with the exception of DSD. It switches the sampling rate automatically as long as this feature is checked in the preferences. Very small footprint too with menu bar controls as an option.

+1 for Vox. A light-weight player that does a lot of things well. Looking like Winamp is also a huge plus. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back