The Astell & Kern AK240
Jan 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,007 of 9,131
Why, what happened, I dont follow that thread, I simply cannot afford it :-} )

JH are up to their usual tricks just as they did with their 3A! Cold day in heck you will get me spending money with that company!

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #1,008 of 9,131
JH are up to their usual tricks just as they did with their 3A! Cold day in heck you will get me spending money with that company!

They got swamped. Again :)

I'm happy I got mine quick.

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #1,014 of 9,131
Roxanne has problem With their cable Connector , it break Easy during their tighten The cable to The ear piece

That's the last of their problems. One guy recieved his with a finger print on the finish, right on the faceplate to. Another guy had white ones but the whites were different. And then one guys case was pitted like nothing I've ever seen before.

Quality control issues like I've never seen for some premium headphones.

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #1,016 of 9,131
Jan 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,017 of 9,131
To all those talking about the Hugo compared to the 240, just saw the price of the Hugo, fifty bucks short of the 240 but you then have to add source with an equivalent drive space as the 240 for fair comparison. Hmm. One box solution with the 240 which is already garnering similar sonic accolades to the Hugo from those who have heard both or the Hugo plus the cost of a transport and cables, your probably looking at north of 3K by the time your done, it's going to have to sound a whole lots better than the 240 to warrant the not inconsiderable extra cost once you figure in the cost of high quality cables to connect it to the transport, very much looking forward to hearing both, hopefully for my wallet their will not be a big enough difference over my 240 connected to my TU-05! :)

Jan 21, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #1,019 of 9,131
  We have the Hugo in house right now and will eventually have the AK240 to compare. I have to say the Hugo is phenomenal! We shall see how it plays out.

I'm looking forward to pairing that baby with other DAPs :)

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #1,020 of 9,131
  We have the Hugo in house right now and will eventually have the AK240 to compare. I have to say the Hugo is phenomenal! We shall see how it plays out.

looking forward hearing your comparaison between the HUGO sound and the AK240 sound.  Very interested to get your advice...

But.... what PORTABLE source will you can propose for the HUGO ?  

A "pico-battery opperated-Aurender" 
biggrin.gif
  ?    A...AK240
rolleyes.gif
 ?

There are NO micro battery portable audio server available today ! 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back