The Astell & Kern AK240
Aug 21, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #4,981 of 9,131
Just received a brand new 240. Having major troubles transferring files from a macbook pro using AFT. I also connected the 240 to my Windows machine and even that wouldn't let me rearrange albums on the device. Pretty unacceptable for such an expensive, luxury device. I really do expect plug n play functionality at this price point. Unless I can find an easy/quick fix, I would not recommend this DAP. 

Try and keep your file transfer sizes to 50-75 gig at a time. If there is a issue you will be able to track it down more quickly.

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #4,982 of 9,131
Woodcans, USB2.x or USB3? Any other Android-supporting apps installed like Samsung Kies?

No other apps on my MBP.

USB3 on my pc with no other android apps.

Try and keep your file transfer sizes to 50-75 gig at a time. If there is a issue you will be able to track it down more quickly.

File size doesn't seem to matter. 1 song, 1 album, 1 folder with 5 albums. All screwed.

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #4,983 of 9,131
Monk's Straight no chaser sounds pretty good on AK240...time to revisit the cd version
Extremely glad that the piano no longer sounds overly bright on the c435

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #4,984 of 9,131
No other apps on my MBP.

USB3 on my pc with no other android apps.

File size doesn't seem to matter. 1 song, 1 album, 1 folder with 5 albums. All screwed.

Have you tried holding down the power button, for at least 30-45 seconds, it will do a hard restart. Also I'm sure your using the supplied USB cable. You may want to try a different USB port. I've only had issues with WAV files. Converted them to FLAC. A few other guys had the same issues you are having, they ended up working them out through process of elimination. Search the name Laurencewayne, in this thread, he had similar issues I believe. Not sure on his correct name spelling. About 2-3 months back. Good luck .

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #4,985 of 9,131
Aug 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #4,988 of 9,131
  I really like the Brown case on the gold AK240.  I don't see how I can buy one.  Does anyone have a suggestion.  I would rather park the Green Case.  Thanks.

Just search for EASECASE AK240 on Taobao and you can find the seller.  They have all sorts of color and texture for you to choose from.  I was gonna pick something more sharp and edgy like bright yellow but guess it would probably attract too much attention at the office and went with the very safe grey

Some sample below FYR:

Available colors....

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #4,989 of 9,131
  I really like the Brown case on the gold AK240.  I don't see how I can buy one.  Does anyone have a suggestion.  I would rather park the Green Case.  Thanks.

me too

the sensible suggestion is to buy the AK240 EaseCase from taobao... that is close enough

or buy the gold edition AK240 then sell it on classified minus the case......
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #4,990 of 9,131
the EaseCase is relatively cheaper... just buy all the brown colors and find the one you like....  probably still cheaper than the original AK case.

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #4,991 of 9,131
Thanks, I did try to go to the site but not being able to read all the details even with Google translator I was a bit lost.  Also, the belt clip on the one I found was not for me. If you have a direct link to a regular brown leather one like the gold AK240, from this vendor please post it and I will likely buy it.

Ideally, does anyone know how to buy an official AK brown case.  I notice, you cannot even buy the stock case.  The three options, aside from black, just won't work.

Thanks again!

Aug 23, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #4,993 of 9,131

me too

the sensible suggestion is to buy the AK240 EaseCase from taobao... that is close enough

or buy the gold edition AK240 then sell it on classified minus the case......
tongue.gif

Hmmm...to dress up your 240 now becomes another way to spend your money.

Aug 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #4,995 of 9,131
Thanks, I did try to go to the site but not being able to read all the details even with Google translator I was a bit lost.  Also, the belt clip on the one I found was not for me. If you have a direct link to a regular brown leather one like the gold AK240, from this vendor please post it and I will likely buy it.

Ideally, does anyone know how to buy an official AK brown case.  I notice, you cannot even buy the stock case.  The three options, aside from black, just won't work.

Thanks again!

Hey if your looking for a stock leather AK-240 case,pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back