The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 22, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #2,477 of 9,131
  Hello.
Could anyone upload firmware 1.09 update received via Wifi?
Thanks.

Available from iriver jp site:
http://www.iriver.jp/download.php?id=1160

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #2,481 of 9,131
The ideal music setup is a laptop and a Western Digital EX4 Mycloud (using the 16tb one, 12tb available in raid 5) connected both with gigabit ethernet to the same router, running AK240 MQS Server on the laptop.  Don't think that there's a way to bypass the laptop and direct stream between the EX4 (with upnp/dlna) and the AK240, I haven't looked into it much, perhaps there's a way or a way coming soon.  Easily real-time streams thousands of DSD files wirelessly to the AK240.  

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #2,482 of 9,131
One of the major reasons I purchased the AK240 was the ability to stream music. I was concerned about whether the software would work correctly on a Mac Mini so when I installed the streaming software and it ran into a port conflict I wasn't surprised. After 30 minutes I had the port issue resolved and the streaming software working. I had a little issue with stability for the first day but I've been running it for days and it is now rock solid.  I can now sit on my deck and listen to whatever music I desire from my music library.  It's taken awhile but I'm in music nirvana. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back