The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #2,449 of 9,131
My home wifi connected just fine, it's the hotspot on my iPhone I can't connect to.

My understanding is that the latest iOS upgrade is buggy with battery problems as well as hotspot issues. The issue you are experiencing might be due to the OS upgrade. You can follow that discussion on macrumors.com.  

I got my AK240 today and had no issues setting up my wifi at home and was able to stream music from mac. Cool stuff.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #2,450 of 9,131
Even on iPod, iOS 7 is unbelievably buggy. I have two iPods (needed for my car stereo). And I can't believe a simple audio player can give so many problems since iOS 7 upgrade.

Amongst others, my problems are.

- album arts occasionally not showing on the iPods but Ok on desktop iTunes.
- play occasionally paused at the end of tracks, you need to manually forward to the next track to keep Playing.
- a few tracks play at desktop iTunes but not on the iPods (just silence).

Wrong album art showing at the iPods while playing.

Etc...

Mar 21, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #2,452 of 9,131
I found the perfect size ultra portable amp for my AK240 
happy_face1.gif
 The size fits just right and it is ultra thin to boot!

Mar 21, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #2,455 of 9,131
  I found the perfect size ultra portable amp for my AK240 
happy_face1.gif
 The size fits just right and it is ultra thin to boot!

which amp is that ?  

And... besides perfect fit, is it...perfect SQ ? 

Mar 21, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #2,460 of 9,131
My understanding is that the latest iOS upgrade is buggy with battery problems as well as hotspot issues. The issue you are experiencing might be due to the OS upgrade. You can follow that discussion on macrumors.com.  

I got my AK240 today and had no issues setting up my wifi at home and was able to stream music from mac. Cool stuff.

Yeah, I did the I phone update at the exact same time I was opening my AK-240 box. I'm getting a little bored with apple. Think I'll jump ship to something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back