The Astell & Kern AK120
Sep 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #3,736 of 7,071
Quote:
A question?

I tend to use the folder function of my player as all the albums appear correctly. If I go to album search I can see four or five entries for the same album with a portion of the tracks in each entry, same for artist.
I have been converting my wav to FLAC using XLD's convert as disc option as that then adds the metadata and album art. All is appearing as it should, track listings are fine, all the info is there but for the life of me why does it not show one complete album?
I so the scan when I have finished uploading new albums as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ian 

I think you just to need to clean up the tags............and have as little information as possible, and probably just go through the misbehaving albums through MP3Tag.

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #3,737 of 7,071
Gavin, you realize you just spoke in tongues to me :D.
Honestly, this whole computer malarky flew right over my head. I used to have friends get me in to programme and get their VCR's working as I could do it without a manual and just sit until I had eliminated all possibilities until the right way to do it came through but with computers my mind shuts down! :blink:

I will do a google search for the MP3Tag thing and try though! Thank goodness I came from an 801 so am happy enough with the folder option.

I was using .wav but on this player I heard no sonic difference between it and FLAC so I thought what the heck, I want album art! :D

Once again, I am so glad your enjoying the amp. Shikada San mailed mine yesterday so hopefully it will be here either the end of this week or beginning of next, oh how I have missed it!

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #3,738 of 7,071
Quote:
Gavin, you realize you just spoke in tongues to me
biggrin.gif
Honestly, this whole computer malarky flew right over my head. I used to have friends get me in to programme and get their VCR's working as I could do it without a manual and just sit until I had eliminated all possibilities until the right way to do it came through but with computers my mind shuts down!
blink.gif

I will do a google search for the MP3Tag thing and try though! Thank goodness I came from an 801 so am happy enough with the folder option.

I was using .wav but on this player I heard no sonic difference between it and FLAC so I thought what the heck, I want album art!
biggrin.gif

Once again, I am so glad your enjoying the amp. Shikada San mailed mine yesterday so hopefully it will be here either the end of this week or beginning of next, oh how I have missed it!

Congratulations ..this Thursday/Friday ish for the amp!

I was reading that indrakula was loving the combination of the AK120 and TU-05, and so shall you
size]

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #3,742 of 7,071
Sep 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #3,744 of 7,071
Quote:
Nice! So what does this update bring? Hope they fixed playlist support.....

From google translate:

[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro']tag information support · DSF file. [/font][font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro'][/font]
[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro'] ※ I do not support the album art. And display "not supported" message (not supported) playback DSD5.6MHz file. [/font]
[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro']■ Bug fixes screen off, switch the shuffle mode (gapless off) during playback  to improve the symptoms displayed without the song the previous title track even when the next flow. - Improved symptoms second track loops when you switch the repeat mode (gapless off) during playback.[/font]

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #3,745 of 7,071
Based on the iRiver US site, these are the changes:

[Newly added function]
1 . Support DSF file tag

[Bug fix]
1. Correction of not changed music information & album art in case of changing music automatically under deactivation of gapless.

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #3,746 of 7,071
Not sure if I'm liking the sound better on this update? This is amped though so keep that in mind. Sounds more distant to me. DSD isn't as loud as before which isn't an issue. But I am not sure if I'm going to warm up to how distant things are sounding now. The unit is a bit more responsive with DSD playback and DSD files do show up in the music option. Still I may end up going back to 1.32 for the sound alone. I'll give it a bit and see if I can warm up to it.

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #3,747 of 7,071
Quote:
Not sure if I'm liking the sound better on this update? This is amped though so keep that in mind. Sounds more distant to me. DSD isn't as loud as before which isn't an issue. But I am not sure if I'm going to warm up to how distant things are sounding now. The unit is a bit more responsive with DSD playback and DSD files do show up in the music option. Still I may end up going back to 1.32 for the sound alone. I'll give it a bit and see if I can warm up to it.

It will be interesting to see if the battery life increased as the result of this reduction. I read somewhere that output current can be controlled by OS of iriver. 

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #3,749 of 7,071
Quote:
Well let me know if it does help. I've reverted back to the original already....

Testing it as I am typing this. The unit still feels warm like before, I am willing to give DSD another go if I was not paranoid about over-heating the unit. That was my main concern, I am willing to live with 5 hours battery life it it means i dont have to convert the DSD files. 

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #3,750 of 7,071
Quote:
Don't. It was a really tough decision. The AK120 is smaller, prettier, more ergonomic, more stable, has longer battery and larger memory than 901. The 901 SQ is better to my ears WITH BALANCED CARD, but that is me. There is more power / authority / control. But you can always amp the AK120 if the sound is not enough for you....but it sounds great still.

I'm sure it was not an easy choice. The AK120 definitely has the better form factor. Unfortunately, SQ is still the bottom line and I can't resist trying the 901 out after reading all the opinions here. Luckily, I managed to borrow a 901 from our local dealer for a few hours. As much as possible, I want to drop the amp in my setup when I am out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back