The All New Earsonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion and Review Thread!
Aug 5, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #302 of 1,380

Quote:
Yes I did order the DBA. Very anxious to hear it, but I have a wait. Probably near the end of August...
frown.gif

If it makes you feel any better (probably not) my pair has been going on a country wide tour the last 6 weeks and I had to wait 4-5 weeks for them to arrive after buying them so that's much longer than you have to wait :) Since you also have to wait for it you may appreciate it more..maybe. It also gives you more time to enjoy the SM3 and SE535 and compare them more as you put more time into both.

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #303 of 1,380
I trimmed back the larger pair of foam tips that came with the SM3's and have been doing some listening tonight with my iMod & xin supermicro iv. Wow... these things are very, very impressive and definitely deserve a first-rate source. Unfortunately I haven't really heard any of the other "top tiers" so I can't say much in the way of comparison to those, but they are certainly at an entirely different level than my triple.fi 10's. Those now sound thin and anemic in comparison, and with the SM3's I'm hearing details in songs that I never really noticed before. IMO all the acclaim is definitely deserved. 

gary

Aug 6, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #304 of 1,380
Thanks for your initial impressions shane55, which rather remind me of the TF10's sound signature. Could that be possible? Surely not! I'm looking forward to seeing more comparisons between the SM3 and the SE535 from you.

Aug 6, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #306 of 1,380
gary-
I'm glad you are seemingly getting the best out of the SM3's since their fit can certainly be fiddly, and I agree about their status and comparisons to the TF10's. The Triples really show their recessed mids by comparison. 

Keep updating with your further impressions.

Aug 6, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #307 of 1,380

Quote:
Quick solution to the Comply high attenuation problem;

Cut off the overhanging end of the ear tip (the foam part beyond the inner tube) and you'll get your highs back again.

That'll be the first or second thing I do on Saturday. 
biggrin.gif

Thank you, Sir.

Aug 6, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #308 of 1,380

Quote:
That'll be the first or second thing I do on Saturday. 
biggrin.gif

Thank you, Sir.

Cool, let me know how it works for you shane.
cheers,
kwkarth

Aug 6, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #309 of 1,380
Holy cow!  If these things improve w/ burn-in it will be one of the most dramatic changes I have ever heard.  Really dark and muddled on the Who right now.  I can see the potential and why so many DD folk have converted but my SM3 is gonna need a mighty bitch slap of refinement to win me over.

Aug 6, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #310 of 1,380

Quote:
Holy cow!  If these things improve w/ burn-in it will be one of the most dramatic changes I have ever heard.  Really dark and muddled on the Who right now.  I can see the potential and why so many DD folk have converted but my SM3 is gonna need a mighty bitch slap of refinement to win me over.

I love you, man. You just said in three sentences what it took me 8 paragraphs to weasel my way around.  
rolleyes.gif

shane

Aug 6, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #311 of 1,380
Patience, my friend, patience. The SM3 Force will be with you.
Quote:

Aug 6, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #313 of 1,380

Quote:
popcorn.gif

Though tbo I found them dark and slightly muffled, but not muddy/unrefined.

The bass guitar on Won't get fooled again was really muddled out of the box.  Mush.

Aug 6, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #314 of 1,380

Quote:
Quick solution to the Comply high attenuation problem;

Cut off the overhanging end of the ear tip (the foam part beyond the inner tube) and you'll get your highs back again.

Thanks for this tip! It really improved the highs and semi-muffling with the long comply tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back