The AKG K550 - My initial experiences and a review/comparison with the D2000!
Jun 1, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

In a way that's the ultimate praise from a guy like me, someone who loves to have earth-shattering bass, yet is willing to forgo it for the K550s.

I like earth-shattering bass if that's what is on the recording. And any decent FR balanced headphone would let you know. But a headphone should not provide it's own bass.

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 20
can you put comparison between 598 and k550?
purely, i'm looking for a headphone for my brother, who listen to what on billboard chart alot.

since the genres will be around pop/hip hop/rap, i guess

been hunting around DJ headphone, like K619, tiesto K67/167, but they looks more like a kid stuff to me

thank you

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #19 of 20
I really like the sound of these. Comfort, however, not so much. Pleather earpads feel heavy and fatiguing after a while... Velour pads would be so much better. Worse for sound isolation, though...

But looks like pleather + decent pressure + full isolation is not the best combo for comfort. At least for me. YMMV.

Headband isn't the softest, either (could use more padding), but if I mess around enough to make sure it's not touching my head much I don't feel it. Headband placed firmly on the head would probably make earpads less fatiguing, but then headband becomes a MUCH bigger problem comfort-wise.

So A for sound (for a closed headphone, anyway), B- for comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back