The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution.
Apr 19, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #76 of 268
It has two purposes:
1) It aims to correct the 'fault' your listed have and they do this by applying their own EQ setting. This does work for me for number of IEM I own but I dislike what they to do the OrtofonEQ-5
2)It allows you to try to make your currently own IEM sound similar to one of their listed headphone/iem which do not work that good.
3) It will allow you to play FLAC,....files your ipod touch device without needing to convert to other formats.

Quote:
OK, so based on my understanding after downloading and paying $5 for this app, the purpose of this iPhone App is to simulate the sound signature of the headphone that we currently use against the one that we want / select from the preset.

Selecting the same model of IEM / Head Phone model with the one that we are using, can actually make the sound worst.

correct me if I'm wrong ?

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #79 of 268
Hi
I have a question regarding the Accudio app.

I own a V-Moda LP2 but the app doesnt support it...

Is there a way to get a good setting for those headphones?

You'd be better off creating your own custom EQ tweaks than rely on GoldenEars' settings. The custom EQ is quite accurate, so just play around with it and have fun. A copy of your HPs Freq response graph could also come in handy so you'd know which freq to tweak.

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #80 of 268
http://reviewed-production.s3.amazonaws.com/attachment/f40e74a8c4d178decec0f3f62169395e7cb0dedc/freq.jpg

I cant really understand that graph and get along with it...
Well i think i have to play around and be patient about the outcome :)

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #81 of 268
Apr 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #83 of 268
I just downloaded this app now and tried it. It's an excellent EQ app that really works wonders but the warmth of my HE-500 is kind of gone after applying the recommended settings. It still sounds excellent now that the upper midrange has been compensated but it does sound a bit sterile to my ears.
It certainly sounds a lot better on some tracks though.
I'm sure it will sound better for lower end to mid end headphones but I don't think it's worth to flatten the response on high end headphones. You lose the sound that made the headphone special in the first place.

Update:
I've tried again with my DT880Pro straight through the HP-P1 and it certainly sounds a lot better compensated than unEQed. Then I plugged it in my Lyr and I noticed that when it is EQed, the sound is all over the place. I revert it back to normal and it's so much better. It's no surprise that it's worse since tube amp change the frequency response which then messes up the compensated EQ.
So tube amps plus this app doesn't equal to a good combination (to my ears anyway)

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #84 of 268
A few weeks ago I emailed Goldenears giving them feedback on Accudio. Basically, I requested for a more iOS music player-like UI, album art on lockscreen. I also requested for them to fix the issue where the album art would be stretched if it was not a perfectly square picture. They said yes to all of my requests and mentioned that they would add those features in the next version. Look forward to the next update! I can't say when it will come out since it's up to Goldenears afterall :)

Apr 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #85 of 268
Quote:
Funny thing: I started to develop a similar software... too late I guess.

It's not too late.  Competition is better.  I would suggest developing this as a VST plugin.  That way it can be used with any media player with accepts VST plugins such as Jriver Media Center.   This is a great concept, but it seems to be limited as it requires the user to maintain another music database for use.   I want to be able to play all media via one software player.   VST opens up compatibility with multiple players and increases the possibilities.

May 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #86 of 268
I have stopped using this app and rteurned to Flacplayer app.
It sores my folders nicely.

I found I could achieve the same eq the accudio offered on ATH-ESW9 by just sticking some thin cardboard gasket within my earphones pads to make my ears further from the drivers.

Still a good app though.

May 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #88 of 268
I decided to try this. It's nice for getting an idea whether or not I might like or dislike various other pairs of headphones based on the FR response. I would most likely have used it with my Sony XBA-30s, but I like how they sound by default.

May 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #89 of 268
Well, I tried out the free app for about a week, then resolved to buy the Pro version immediately. As it turns out, their flat setting when used on a Beats Pro takes out all of the bass - and either way, it doesn't improve anything.
After fiddling with it for about a half hour, I worked my way through the app. Here are some notes I'd like to share with you about my experiences:
  1. The Simulation Mode tries to simulate the sound signature of a pair of headphones, but is ineffective depending on the pair that you use.
  2. IMO the most effective improvement was by not selecting the pair that I have and I used the frequency tweaks of a few pairs that cost well over $500. Turns out, my ears landed a sweet spot in the Audeze LCD-2 tweaks on Hi-Fi.
  3. The Pro version gives you infinite slots, so you could basically add a slot for every one of your dream headphones. Well, "I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy."
So to sum it up, the Accudio app is unbelievable. However, I would really like to know if the frequency tweaks really replicate those of 1000-dollar headphones. I tried to make a post, but no replies as of yet, so I'll just talk about it here.
If anyone owns a really expensive headphone (LCD-2, HD800, T1, etc.) and a lower-tier pair of headphones, I'd like to ask if the Accudio app does its job of simulating (if not replicating) the sound of the headphones I mentioned above.

Thanks!

May 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #90 of 268
Quote:
If anyone owns a really expensive headphone (LCD-2, HD800, T1, etc.) and a lower-tier pair of headphones, I'd like to ask if the Accudio app does its job of simulating (if not replicating) the sound of the headphones I mentioned above.

Thanks!

I've tried a simulation of the HD600 (on fresh pads) vs the HD800, and the sound is close in terms of the frequency response (by ear, of course), but it can't replicate the finer details and absolutely not the soundstage. I prefer the "Flat" or "Hi-Fi" simulation settings over flat as in EQ off on the HD600 though, but given the bugs that sometimes the library just gets modified on its own (missing albums, etc), I just went back to FLAC Player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back