TGXEAR discussion thread.
Aug 9, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #1,457 of 1,851
desso.jpg

May be this?
A simple search didn't even occur to me, I'm getting obsolete... Thanks for the heads up!

After 8 months of daily use, I'm very happy with Ripples and Alpha. I use them at work as ultralight open headphones, Alpha on site and Ripples remote.

My job requires a lot of movie soundtrack mix checking, it's been a pleasure using TGX buds not only for comfort but also for technical ability.

A special thanks to Jim for the extra cable length (1,8m) at no additional cost for both sets, makes things much easier in my use case.

Aug 9, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,458 of 1,851
IMG_8392.jpegIMG_8393.jpeg

YIPPEE 🥳

Finally on its way!!

Aug 9, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #1,459 of 1,851
A simple search didn't even occur to me, I'm getting obsolete... Thanks for the heads up!

After 8 months of daily use, I'm very happy with Ripples and Alpha. I use them at work as ultralight open headphones, Alpha on site and Ripples remote.

My job requires a lot of movie soundtrack mix checking, it's been a pleasure using TGX buds not only for comfort but also for technical ability.

A special thanks to Jim for the extra cable length (1,8m) at no additional cost for both sets, makes things much easier in my use case.
Oooh I love movie soundtracks! I have a giant playlist of my favourite scores on Tidal. Do you have some favourites that you've worked on / just in general?

It's great that you're able to use TGXear for professional music-related stuff - should let Jim know, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear!

Aug 10, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #1,460 of 1,851
You're right. They are special and a step ahead of Alpha, Serratus and Sunniva. They are definitely not distant and both male and female are balanced well. My personal preference is still for the vocals on APWS, where they sit a bit closer and have more body while not sacrificing the air and flourish.

Speaking of vocals.. This on the DS/N7 combo…. Wow

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #1,462 of 1,851
Geez… nostalgia night with the DS/N7

Haven’t heard this sound so moving.

The DS seems like the perfect bid for this type of music. Detailed and extremely musical.
I love when a synergy makes us scour our music libraries!

Making my anticipation for my delivery of DS so much more agonizing! Haha! I love it.

Aug 10, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #1,463 of 1,851
I love when a synergy makes us scour our music libraries!

Making my anticipation for my delivery of DS so much more agonizing! Haha! I love it.

Synergy indeed. I’ll admit that I had considered these buds kind of an interesting side avenue where though they perform to great levels, I just had a sense that sometime I would get some more expensive headphones or iems as my “main” set and these would be some very capable backups.. Maybe it’s because they don’t have the fancy faceplates or the nice marketing of driver counts or the crazy design palette of full size headphone…. They all look the same, more or less…
I’m sure I fell into that bias of the shiny thing.

But tonight’s listening session, now well into hour 2, with each song sounding better and better I think these are my end game, at least for this genre.. truly.

I just listened to this and the dynamics as great, the detail is amazing with me able to pick out instrument details and little percussion fills that show how layered and crafted this song is but never losing the thread of the whole that is rooted in one of the best voices out there. What control and pitch and timbre.

Not trying to sound too gushing but these really flipped a switch tonight.

I’m not just picking out random songs either, I just keep getting sucked into whole albums.

The DS does have an intimacy to the sound but the soundstaging has depth to the overtones and harmonics that give precise imaging and the semi open nature of buds never feel like the music is stuck in your head.
It’s a very fine balancing act done nigh perfectly.

And as far as more “crowded” tracks and bass response, I’m finding nothing lacking in this one from the same album.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #1,464 of 1,851
Synergy indeed. I’ll admit that I had considered these buds kind of an interesting side avenue where though they perform to great levels, I just had a sense that sometime I would get some more expensive headphones or iems as my “main” set and these would be some very capable backups.. Maybe it’s because they don’t have the fancy faceplates or the nice marketing of driver counts or the crazy design palette of full size headphone…. They all look the same, more or less…

But tonight’s listening session, now well into hour 2, with each song sounding better and better I think these are my end game, at least for this genre.

I just listened to this and the dynamics as great, the detail is amazing with me able to pick out instrument details and little percussion fills that show how layered and crafted this song is but never losing the thread of the whole that is rooted in one of the best voices out there. What control and pitch and timbre.

Not trying to sound too gushing but these really flipped a switch tonight.
🥰 Literally the best feeling in the hobby. So happy to hear you are getting all the feels with your music. That is what we are all after….well at least you and I! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and passion.

Aug 10, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #1,466 of 1,851
It's great that you're able to use TGXear for professional music-related stuff
No surprises here, the bell used by AC/DC at the start of the Hells Bells cast by John Taylor & Co in Loughborough UK sounds perfect on my Sunni’s..the initial strike then that texture 😮 and the decay 👌 sounds like you’re standing outside a church on any given Sunday (just wish AC/DC were playing lol)...it beat out Serratus and Z1R with those respective technicalities 👏 thank you Jim @tgx78

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #1,467 of 1,851
Does anyone here have both Totem and Ripples? Would you mind comparing the two? Thank you

Aug 10, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #1,469 of 1,851
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the DS. I can’t wait!

(But I guess I kind of have to)
Congrats! Let us know what you think of them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back