TGXEAR discussion thread.
May 18, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #1,188 of 1,869
Is there any other way?
(( :

the-book-of-boba-fett-this-is-the-way.gif

May 18, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #1,191 of 1,869
[CCing from the Watercooler]

Fellow TGX enthusiasts, I've been testing the prototype #2 for @tgx78 next model: Sunniva which means gift of the sun ☀️.

received_761680318827166.jpeg

Sunniva is equipped with custom speced Beryllium drivers measuring at 180ohm with 102dBs/mW sensitivity. I find it easier to drive than Totem. 60 / 150 on SP3K.

received_1637004200046446.jpeg

Prototype 2 has new hardware attached. The aesthetic design is still a work in progress.

Sonic impressions:

- Great timbre. It has the most musical tuning out of the TGXears roster so far. The lush mids reminds me a bit of Vision Ears. Despite the warm tuning, it sounds more resolving than Totem (looking at hardness, its saturated colouring, detailed reverbs and decays)

- It has better macro dynamics than Ripple (the previous best). Excellent slam and thump. Switching over from Elysian Diva, I am not missing the pressurized bass while keeping the wider earbud staging.

- Treble is more rounded vs Serratus which is a mild U shape. Cymbals have good note size and fullness.

- I found it excellent for small ensemble jazz, electronic (EDM, Vocal Trance), singer songwriter music and modern classical. Drums can be a smidge forward for rock and pop. Ive mentioned this to Jim but I would buy this as it is. With the current tuning I'd primarily use it for vocals and electronic.

I've written about how impressed I was with Totem. While Totem has a different tuning (reference), Sunnivas technicalities is in another league. This sounds like a kilobuck iem.
A few questions about Sunniva, maybe someone will know...
Is Mx500 shell définitive (I prefer bell form factor) ?
Could anyone listening to prototype compare with Tantalus (that I already enjoy) ?

May 18, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #1,193 of 1,869
Sorry, IG ?

May 18, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #1,195 of 1,869
A few questions about Sunniva, maybe someone will know...
Is Mx500 shell définitive (I prefer bell form factor) ?
Could anyone listening to prototype compare with Tantalus (that I already enjoy) ?
I already asked him, the driver does not work with other shells, as he can't get the tuning right without the MX500

May 18, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #1,196 of 1,869
I already asked him, the driver does not work with other shells, as he can't get the tuning right without the MX500
Thanks for the info! Are you getting one?

May 18, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #1,197 of 1,869
Thanks for the info! Are you getting one?
Nope, have three already and I don't want an MX Shell. Also I love Carbon and this won't dethrone it for me.

However Jim has other stuff cooking that I very much look forward to 😁

May 18, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #1,199 of 1,869
Any impressions or comparisons regarding the Sunniva?

While I am a big fan of TGXear buds the lineup is getting pretty messy without much info to separate one model to the next...
Extremely satisfied with the Serratus, have been loving it since last year. Don't see much information on what to upgrade to - and that's completely fine with me :L3000:

May 18, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #1,200 of 1,869
Any impressions or comparisons regarding the Sunniva?

While I am a big fan of TGXear buds the lineup is getting pretty messy without much info to separate one model to the next...
Maybe @Jim could tell us more about how Sunniva will differenciate from
Tantalus (for me 😉 )
Serratus (for Kokushi )
Ripples, Totem (for others)
Thanks in advance 🙂

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back