Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Jan 4, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #107 of 645
That’s Tempotec spec. Since the R3-II supports 2TB, it would not surprise me if it’s wrong—like the 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi spec, which appears to be 2.4GHz only… like the R3-II
That being said, there may be an upper limit to the database size, so it’s probably not that important!
Captura de pantalla 2024-01-04 234143.jpg

Screenshot from Tempotec site... nothing about 5GHz wifi channel

Jan 4, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #109 of 645
Ordered mine on 26th from Aliexpress and arrived today to Toronto, Canada. So far liking the form factor and functionality, haven't listened to it yet, just played with the settings and features.

My criteria was 4.4mm and non-Android, I don't use DAPs enough to justify the more luxury stuff and for $140 this was pretty low risk, I'm quite satisfied. I actually downgraded from an A&K SR25 to this.

Will post first impressions later tonight and maybe some final thoughts after a week, but don't expect much from sound analysis because I don't really own any other portable sources to compare to and I use an RME Adi-2 at the desk.

Edit: More thoughts on it here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ge-all-welcome.957426/page-5126#post-17901634

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #110 of 645
I just pulled the trigger on the V3 for £146 (on AliExpress) to use with the Hifiman XS. I hope it works well together. Seems to have enough output power, at least.

My 2 previous DAPs were also HibyOS (Tempotec V1 and the OG Hiby R3) so I have a good idea on what to expect from it, software wise.

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #111 of 645
Ordered mine on 26th from Aliexpress and arrived today to Toronto, Canada. So far liking the form factor and functionality, haven't listened to it yet, just played with the settings and features.

My criteria was 4.4mm and non-Android, I don't use DAPs enough to justify the more luxury stuff and for $140 this was pretty low risk, I'm quite satisfied. I actually downgraded from an A&K SR25 to this.

Will post first impressions later tonight and maybe some final thoughts after a week, but don't expect much from sound analysis because I don't really own any other portable sources to compare to and I use an RME Adi-2 at the desk.
Can you compare the sound of the SR25 with the V3 ?

Jan 4, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #112 of 645
Can you compare the sound of the SR25 with the V3 ?
Unfortunately I sold it prior to buying this so I don't really have it fresh in my memory. I honestly don't have any other DAP to compare to for sound so I'm refraining from talking about it too much, but soundstage is notably more intimate on this DAP is what I noticed immediately. FROM memory I believe it has a fuller sounding low end than the SR25.

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #113 of 645
The price of V3 in India is around 230 USD. Do you all think if it is worth at such a high asking price? For comparison, the Hiby R3 2 is priced at 200 USD and Sony nw-a306 at 310 USD.
AliExpress doesn't ship to India.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #114 of 645
The price of V3 in India is around 230 USD. Do you all think if it is worth at such a high asking price? For comparison, the Hiby R3 2 is priced at 200 USD and Sony nw-a306 at 310 USD.
AliExpress doesn't ship to India.
In terms of sound it should be good. And also worth the 200 usd. If everything is right with V3 it can be slightly better in sound than Sony. But in aspect of style , usability and value Sony is better for sure.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #116 of 645
Yeah, you can create playlists on the player and name them

Jan 6, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #118 of 645
Does this player let you create a playlist and keep the order of the songs you want them played in for the playlist? Can you also give names to the playlists?

Yeah, you can create playlists on the player and name them

Exactly what @Somafunk said.
Just beware that you can't really change the order of the songs in the playlist once you add them.

Sadly, in terms of playlist management even Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ is much more capable than any HiByOS DAP.

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #120 of 645
Does V3 has a color screen? Anyone who has both Hiby R3 gen 2 and V3, kindly post side by side pics. Planning to stack this with Mojo, want to know how big it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back