Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Jan 11, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #256 of 645
I tried to listen to a test track and it automatically increased the volume to max. I don't know if the button was just stuck or something cause it's doing that now, but it was not pleasant.
That is the most annoying system issue that has happened to me several times 🤯 I wish that Tempotec could fix this at first place with upcoming system update 🙏

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #257 of 645
Ouch!
I hope it doesn't happen to me anytime soon. Can't imagine what it feels like while wearing IEMs.

I capped my max volume to 60 and it won't go past this number no matter what.

And as you can guess, this has never happened to me.
But I don't control my volume with a touch slider, only via buttons.

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #258 of 645
Ouch!
I hope it doesn't happen to me anytime soon. Can't imagine what it feels like while wearing IEMs.

I capped my max volume to 60 and it won't go past this number no matter what.

And as you can guess, this has never happened to me.
But I don't control my volume with a touch slider, only via buttons.
It has happened to my unit several times when operating volume level with buttons.

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #260 of 645
That is the most annoying system issue that has happened to me several times 🤯 I wish that Tempotec could fix this at first place with upcoming system update 🙏
It only happened to me that first time and it stopped after I wiggled the volume button around. I did however have the iem's in my ears and it was not a fun experience. I need to go back and edit that quoted portion cause I left out a "not."

I meant to say: "I don't know if the button was just stuck or something cause it's not doing that now, but it was not pleasant."

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #261 of 645
Еeeeey, Bro. Exactly the same!! I'm not alone :)
And you are right it's not "digital glare" it's distortions!! On the same freqs..
mid-Highs and low Highs.
Yesterday I was thought and feel the same.
And I'm thinking that mine is faulty one.
Hey guys!
please share your experience please !!
do you hear the distortions on this freqs??
Me too so this is not right

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #264 of 645
I switched to listening on the 3.5 output to see if I can hear any high frequency distortions, and I'm not hearing any. I'm listening to my library on my sd card. I don't really do tidal or any streaming service. I suspect it's a QC issue.

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #265 of 645
Fortunately no problem for me too both on 4.4mm or on 3.5mm (i use micro SD card, 4.4mm on high gain and this little device drives my quattro's smoothly)

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #266 of 645
I switched to listening on the 3.5 output to see if I can hear any high frequency distortions, and I'm not hearing any. I'm listening to my library on my sd card. I don't really do tidal or any streaming service. I suspect it's a QC issue.
As I wrote.
I have the same distortions. And looks like this problem connected to a heating or the both.
Today (after you message) I decide to check it again. I didnt use it today yet.
And I was very surprised! I didn't hear HF distortions. I was happy like a pig in the apples. But then they appeared again.
I've found out that V3 was quite hot when distortions appeared again. And when it plays fine it was rather cold.
When you are using 3.5 mm that means you are using half of the amp.. so faulty could just dont work in this way.
Or the load for the amp is lower and it works fine..
with out overheating and distortions...Thats my theory.
Your V3 is hot when you get distortions ?

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #267 of 645
Oh ok. My unit hasn't gotten hot. I mostly listen via the 4.4 output on lo gain. I've used the usb dac function and used it as a standalone player and I haven't had any heating issues. Yesterday I ran the player all day with the screen on at max brightness to drain the battery to zero, and it never got remotely hot.

Jan 11, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #268 of 645
As I wrote.
I have the same distortions. And looks like this problem connected to a heating or the both.
Today (after you message) I decide to check it again. I didnt use it today yet.
And I was very surprised! I didn't hear HF distortions. I was happy like a pig in the apples. But then they appeared again.
I've found out that V3 was quite hot when distortions appeared again. And when it plays fine it was rather cold.
When you are using 3.5 mm that means you are using half of the amp.. so faulty could just dont work in this way.
Or the load for the amp is lower and it works fine..
with out overheating and distortions...Thats my theory.
Your V3 is hot when you get distortions ?
Mine gets a little hot after some usage but i didnt found any distortions yet (4.4mm).
I will be back home monday and will use only the 3.5mm and report back.

The main cons that i found are: slow charging and the battery drains more fast that it suppose to do (i think)

Jan 12, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #269 of 645
I think Android Tidal client is able to get HiRes FLAC but Tempotec (HiBy OS) Tidal client is still gets MQA for hi-res requests. Was it fair compare?
How to request the latest Tidal feature 'HiRes FLAC support' on Tidal client in HiBy OS? Should we ask @Joe Bloggs as HiBy representative?
You may do so, I will remind our guys for HiByMusic Tidal support that MQA is on the way out 😆

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 12, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #270 of 645
Has anyone tried driving a somewhat-demanding pair of headphones (e.g. Sundara) with your V3? How was it, especially with bass-heavy tracks? Unfortunately, I haven't really got the time lately to give it a try myself, so I'd love to hear from you guys.

Seeing the op amps used here, I have reason to believe the output power specs are of L+R channels combined instead of per-channel. Awaiting official confirmation though. I tried asking on AliEx, but not sure if they know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back