t50p, DT880, (T1?), SR225i (with end choice...!)
Oct 4, 2011 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

freddiechina

New Head-Fier
to cut a long story short, i'm now sitting at home with the SR225is on my noggin, listening to all kinds of music.

I went to the local electronics market in Beijing earlier on today, with the preconception that I wanted to try a number of different headphones, namely, the beyer T50p, the DT770p, shure 840, and any others i could get my hands on. The hands on included T1s. I listened to several, predominantly the above, as a phone to be used on the 45 minute to and from work every day. 

Coming from (in this order) apple headfuds, 20 bucks sennheiser, seen 580s, 600s (then cue move to china), back to headfuds, then etymotic er4p, then westone um2, bose b&w cord (x2), and now to the grado sr225is. All i can say is...OMG! this phone does the proverbial from a high position all over the T50p. the DT880, they were nice, but a little too beautiful sounding. the T1 even more so, and you know what they say, perfect headphones aren't real, and real headphones aren't perfect (women...). 

I can really understand what everyone talks about when they say the that the grado line is just great fun to listen to, i have to say, i spent the first hour trying really hard to listen to a whole song. I just wanted to get to the next song to see how awesome it sounded! i listen to an eclectic collection, from Beethoven Violin Sonatas to Buck 65 (bowie, nirvana, aphex twin et all on the in-between). I am thoroughly enjoying this headphone, without amping, straight from the iPhone, straight from my macbook pro, i'm just having a ball! 

sorry, I just needed to vent my happiness in a place which might possibly be appreciated ! 

See you all tomorrow when my lovely sr225is have had a night of burning in...

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #3 of 6
thanks. I did my absolute utmost to go in with an open mind. I have to admit though, I did have to take a leap of faith. The grades had to be paid for before listening to (beijing is like this...). It was just that the others all didn't really do it for me (apart from the T1s which were awesome!)...! 

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 6
i was running around with my iPhone and no amp. there was a DT70p, but only a 250ohm version. Couldn't hear it properly with the background noise (despite the isolation, the iPhone still wasn't enough to power it). I couldn't really hear what it was all about. the T1 and the DT880s were in a different store with dedicated headphone amps to drive the phones. Sorry i can't be of more help...! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back