T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Dec 8, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #349 of 1,912
Delete.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #350 of 1,912
Don't worry .. it does .. The Bathys didn't last long, the ML still is around for the sake of comparison, but by know I am 99% for the T+A

Do you listen to any electronic and modern music with the T plus A. For that genre, do you notice a big improvement via T plus A rather than ML?

Hoping it's not the case so I don't have to audition another set hahahaha

Dec 8, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #352 of 1,912
Dec 8, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #353 of 1,912
Following the discussion here, I remembered that I have purchased a pair of T+A loudspeakers many years ago. On top I got this nice wristwatch with the T+A logo. Perhaps it has a value for T+A headphone users and I should sell it.:) Sorry for the off-topic.

Attachments

• 39AF6938-6D3E-4730-8A84-C704C8D7CBD7.jpeg
    39AF6938-6D3E-4730-8A84-C704C8D7CBD7.jpeg
    980.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 8, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #355 of 1,912
I must agree that the soundstage is not overwhelming, it is more ("in your head experience"). My ML 5909 has better soundstage (more "around your ears experience"), but I am still impressed about the capeabilities of the ST. HQ mode is unique and makes a difference, there is no other BT headphone with this function. It is also the only BT headphone where you could mistake that its first intention is going wired mode, because it is one of the few BT headphones which can be operrated passively and it does it very good. My ML 5909 feels weaker in passive mode against the ST. When playing in wired mode the ML 5909 sounds worse (it is not improving), that is the opposite with the ST definitely.
To have these options makes the ST very unique and a well made allrounder. Price is another topic. I am willing to pay it, because I know that T+A is able to replace the battery at one point, so it is not a one way product and if battery is dead you still have a very strong passive headphone. So you paying a bit more for future proofing I guess.
For me there is no better alternative right now. And at one point the ML 5909 will be obsolet (battery) and the only option will be to replace the headphone or live with an ok/good passive mode (still better as all the other BT headphones behind it). With the ST you have a good/very good passive mode capeable BT headphone and that is a major point why I am willing to pay the price and the announced app could make a big improvement in BT mode in terms of having more options (EQ) and firmware updates (LDAC announced).
After all these are just my impressions and my hifi knowledge is very fresh, but I would say that all the Sony´s, Sennheiser´s, Bose´s, etc., do not stand a chance and they are still expensive BT headphones when you think about it, that they will be obsolet in 3-4 years.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #356 of 1,912
When playing in wired mode the ML 5909 sounds worse (it is not improving), that is the opposite with the ST definitely.
That comes to me as a surprise, and does not reflect my experience. Used with the built-in DAC wired is better than via AAC. And used passively with my Ifi Gold Bar dongle is even better.

Dec 8, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #357 of 1,912
That comes to me as a surprise, and does not reflect my experience. Used with the built-in DAC wired is better than via AAC. And used passively with my Ifi Gold Bar dongle is even better.
Ok, in first place I meant direct wired mode with my Iphone nothing in between, so raw comparison I guess. Sure they are capable to sound very good with a good DAP and are very EQ friendly. After all it is a premium BT headphone and worth the 1k price I guess. And who is not willing to pay the extra 300,-€ (in EU) for the ST, is running perfect with the ML 5909 and at the end it will be always preference (something what we already heared atleast 100 times here).

I would not say that in raw comparison the ST is way better than the ML 5909 or the opposite. They stand beside and have kinda different philosophies/intentions and that is a cool option to have when you are buying one of those.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #358 of 1,912
Is possible that GermanBoy is referring more about the difference in tonal balance of the 5909 between BT (with help of DSP) and wired modes than only the technical capabilities of 5909 when is wired.

Dec 8, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #359 of 1,912
Is possible that GermanBoy is referring more about the difference in tonal balance of the 5909 between BT (with help of DSP) and wired modes than only the technical capabilities of 5909 when is wired.
Yeah, that is how it sounds right I guess. In raw comparison the tonal balance is in favour of the ST for me. Both headphones are similair capable when comparing hardware. I guess that is the correct way to define it.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #360 of 1,912
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you meant ML 5909s sound worse wired than they do wireless. But maybe you meant that the ST wired is better than the ML wired?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back