T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Dec 6, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #316 of 1,912
There are so many ways to control volume on this device beyond the capacitance sensor if it's not to ones liking.

This is almost like saying "There are so many ways for getting sound on this device beyond BT if it's not to ones liking" if BT isn't working correctly and connection dropping constantly. But I'm happy that at least BT connection is not a problem in the ST.

This is not the point of my post before. The touch controls in the headphone are there for a reason and they must working sufficiently / acceptably well but they aren't, and 4-5 people commenting this in this thread already.

I think it works as well as Apple and Sony ear devices and yes they are not flawless. It's a matter of personal tolerance.

The ST is NOT working so well like Apple or Sony devices at all in this particular aspect. I have the Sony XM3 and the Apple AirPods Pro 2, and before that, the AirPods Max and all this headphones and earphone are working really very better than the ST in the playback user experience, and this difference is NOT small, meaning is never (so) frustrating.

Your comment is almost like saying "Ok, the 5th and 6th gears in this 50,000 euros car aren't working well, but I never needing this 2 gears, from 1st to 4th is sufficient for me, this is my "personal tolerance" because I only use my car for buying food and clothes in the shops near my house. I never use my car for travelling long distances or in motorways."

No product is perfect at any price

I'm sorry but this is typical phrase that sometimes is correct and sometimes isn't. I still have (is 6 years now) the B&W P7 Wireless and is working perfectly, the touch buttons are in a perfect position and never failing, the same with Bose QC35 (that I don't owning anymore). The same for my AirPods Pro 2, my MW08, and, like I saying before, nothing having so fantastic playback user experience like the H95. But even my Sony XM3 and Beats Solo 2 are very better than ST in this aspect and costing a lot less money.

I really like these transducers where it really counts for me. That's sound quality, comfort, and ease of bluetooth connection.

I like the sound a lot, the comfort, and yes, they connecting quickly in BT mode to a device even when multi-point connection isn't available (this is one more compromise). BUT the touch interface for playback is very, very mediocre and A+T don't paying sufficient attention to this aspect when designing and developing this product. This is even a more big problem for me because I saying already that I'm a person that changing volume and tracks constantly. But I don't have this level of frustration with so many other BT / ANC headphones or earphones.

Some people wanting finding justification in all aspects after they spending so much money in a product, and they saying that is (almost) perfect and don't want accepting or seeing the (sometimes BIG and very evident) flaws. The ST is great in sound and comfort for me personally, but is having different problems: more low maximum volume than ALL competitors, very bad touch controls, no multi-point connection, more small earcups than ALL the competition, and even two bright lights that don't dimming or are off during the time when the person is using the headphone (not ideal at night if other people are near).

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #317 of 1,912
There are so many ways to control volume on this device beyond the capacitance sensor if it's not to ones liking. I think it works as well as Apple and Sony ear devices and yes they are not flawless. It's a matter of personal tolerance. No product is perfect at any price. I really like these transducers where it really counts for me. That's sound quality, comfort, and ease of bluetooth connection. Having the direct wire option is also a real plus.

1600 bucks is pretty high asking price. At that price the offered fubctionality should work correctly. That's completely reasonable as an expectation.

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #319 of 1,912
For me the only real thing that has been hit and miss is the transparency mode... I am getting used to it, but the ML is much more user friendly there...

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #320 of 1,912
To those using the Solitaire T now, could you offer a comparison to the H95? It’s my only headphone at the moment, and I’m thinking to buy the Solitaire T if it offers a significantly better experience.

As wonderful as they are, I don’t use the physical controls on my H95 very often, so that isn’t a factor for me. I’d appreciate your advice, thank you!

Dec 6, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #321 of 1,912
what are average shipping times when ordering this item? my dealer says it comes from germany so may take a while but I see some vendors already having it in stock.

thanks!

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #322 of 1,912
... I love the 5909 sound signature and prefer it's design (ST looks too much like a generic/forgettable prototype wireless headphone ...)

Even when for me is clear that the construction quality of the 5909 is better than the ST, I actually prefer the design of the ST because is more close in style of Bauhaus design, more minimalistic (only black and silver and simple geometric shapes), isn't bulky, is not flashy and is not calling for attention, looking maybe a little like MacBooks too. The discreet looks aspect of the ST is one thing I appreciating very much.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #323 of 1,912
Even when for me is clear that the construction quality of the 5909 is better than the ST, I actually prefer the design of the ST because is more close in style of Bauhaus design, more minimalistic (only black and silver and simple geometric shapes), isn't bulky, is not flashy and is not calling for attention, looking maybe a little like MacBooks too. The discreet looks aspect of the ST is one thing I appreciating very much.

I like discreet but st is a little too generic and it's a discreetness for me personally. I actually don't think that Mark Levinson is that loud other than it's silver contrast, especially if you get it in the black like I did.

Maybe compared to most Bluetooth headphones. But then again I would say if you look at the wider grouping of headphones it's much less conspicuous than say. Dan Clark or Grado.

Dec 6, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #324 of 1,912
Dec 7, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #325 of 1,912
Dec 7, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #326 of 1,912
Dec 7, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #327 of 1,912
New review of the ST: https://www.avforums.com/reviews/t-and-a-solitaire-t-wireless-headphone-review.20364/

"This is a truly outstanding addition, not simply to the ranks of wireless headphones but headphones full stop. T+A continues to do things its own way and the Solitaire T comes Highly Recommended"

I can see where Ed Selley is coming from when comparing the ML and the ST .. One thing however should be taken into account. The ST currently operates at APTX-HD 576kbps level. The ML supports LDAC at 990kbps. I am really curious to see what happens to his evaluation when both headphones are brought to compete at the same Codec level :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #328 of 1,912
Dec 7, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #329 of 1,912
Has any US retailer finally gotten them in stock?

Dec 7, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #330 of 1,912

Users who are viewing this thread

Back