Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Jan 19, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #1,921 of 2,336

Quote:
Dear Kiertijai, you have both.
i ask to you: which you recommend to a person?3.5 or 4.0
   Dear Aldo, sorry for the delayed response.  It depends on the music genre of that person.
Both of them are really good.   Overall I should say 4.0 and I have compared that to the borrowed PS500
it beats the PS500 in every aspects.  I am now using both of them.  The V4 with my desktop amplifier
and V3.5 with my Iphone 4S portable.  I play rock and pop music with my iphone during driving and
V3.5 is an open can so it does not interfere with my driving and keeps me awake during long hour driving in Bangkok
I can also answer my call easily.

i prefere a little the 4.0 version.
but you have a great headphone for the iphone.
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #1,922 of 2,336

As Promised :)  *Sersiously fighting the urge to let them break in while decorating my face* alas, they'll be domeless for at least 50ish hours, but i'm sure i'll let the later 2/3 burn in happen while firmly attached to my noggin :)
stock chrome cups/black manta headband/10ft. black dragon (right side of stock cable shorted out prior to sending them out for the magnum-i-zation)

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #1,923 of 2,336
Very nice looking headphone (with a great sound too 
wink.gif
) I really like the black anodized gimbals. Can you please tell me how much more comfortable is this Leather headband vs the Grado Leather band?

Quote:

As Promised :)  *Sersiously fighting the urge to let them break in while decorating my face* alas, they'll be domeless for at least 50ish hours, but i'm sure i'll let the later 2/3 burn in happen while firmly attached to my noggin :)
stock chrome cups/black manta headband/10ft. black dragon (right side of stock cable shorted out prior to sending them out for the magnum-i-zation)

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #1,924 of 2,336

Congrats, 
These are the nicest pair I have seen yet.
Burn-in, shmirn-in, listen to them. You are missing out on a part of the experience of getting new headphones.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #1,927 of 2,336

Quote:
Very nice looking headphone (with a great sound too 
wink.gif
) I really like the black anodized gimbals. Can you please tell me how much more comfortable is this Leather headband vs the Grado Leather band?

Hmm, I can't comment with any authority, as I didn't have these beauties with my non-magnum'd cans, but I can say that I don't feel the additional weight on my head (read next quote/reply xD and I have approximately 0% inclination to place the old vinyl one back on to compare...I'm not sure if any of the reduced weight has to do with my huge-ified cranium/the fact that I have to almost fully extend the gimbals but: 

tl;dr:

I HIGHLY recommend this headband. 

Quote:
Congrats, 
These are the nicest pair I have seen yet.
Burn-in, shmirn-in, listen to them. You are missing out on a part of the experience of getting new headphones.

Quote:
+1 listen to them, just don't comment on their sound yet. 

Wow, thank you for the kind words :), and rest-assured that my wicked-low amount of self-restraint expired long before I replied to these messages, and the cans are comfortably resting on my head right meow as I type this :) 

...will post-pone any thoughts/comments of course.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #1,932 of 2,336
I'm lost.  What is this Limba thing?  Could you elaborate.  It's new to me.  Thanks.

Quote:
LIMBA, LIMBA, LIMBA

If you haven't heard the magnums in Limba, I highly suggest it.. Specifically the little formula thelostMIDrange has worked out.

Simply Phenomenal.

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #1,933 of 2,336
Limba is a type of wood that is starting to be used whem making wood cups for grados.  A user who goes by the tag thelostMidrange has experimented making many, many cups using different wood types, variations in cup shape and finishes.  Limba is his preferred choice (l forget why exactly, but you can dig out his thoughts in the later pages of the "grado modders go magnum" thread). 

I respect his insight very much as he seems to be one of a very select few  that has experimented so thoroughly, and he puts sound quality above everything else.  If you're looking into getting wood cups done, you should definately read up on his posts (imo)

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #1,934 of 2,336
Thanks.  For a minute I thought Rhydon was doing something new.  

Quote:
Limba is a type of wood that is starting to be used whem making wood cups for grados.  A user who goes by the tag thelostMidrange has experimented making many, many cups using different wood types, variations in cup shape and finishes.  Limba is his preferred choice (l forget why exactly, but you can dig out his thoughts in the later pages of the "grado modders go magnum" thread). 

I respect his insight very much as he seems to be one of a very select few  that has experimented so thoroughly, and he puts sound quality above everything else.  If you're looking into getting wood cups done, you should definately read up on his posts (imo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back