Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Nov 4, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #227 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

None of your stock drivers were modified. We had learned our lesson and decided to stay ahead of the curb on this one. We modified drivers from our stock.

Really? So what was submitted in the Canada post and which fortunately had shipping issues that in turn, allowed you to be revising the driver doping process? Was it my headphone fitted with an improved driver that was not at all my original driver? It would seem then, that this next run of re-doping exercise will be done on another batch of in-house drivers again? Am I right?

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #228 of 2,336
Rhydon is a skammerz, cheat, and full of dirty filthy little lies! At least he apologized rite gais?

psh, calm down folks, you can sue him if you really feel like you're being cheated and have a real basis for it. Otherwise, pipe down, sit tight, and stop talking like you know better. It's bothersome seeing both sides playing games. It's a product and it has issues. Take the refund or leave it.

edit: and yes, Rhydon should have stuck to a better business model, but it doesn't mean he's a cheat. It just means he's a poor businessman.

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #229 of 2,336
I don't have any headphone sent in for this great-looking upgrade, but I sure am curious about where the in-house drivers come from. Are they taken out of Grado headphones? (what model?) Or bought from some driver manufacturer?
( I suppose the answer might be a secret of the trade, but nevertheless I am curious )

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #230 of 2,336
I'm beginning to get the impression that our original drivers are being kept intact for warranty purposes (downgrading) and that we will be receiving headphones with improved drivers not based on the originals that came with the headphones.

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #231 of 2,336
The latest email arrived in my inbox badly timed (first thing in the morning after I woke up and when the night before I'd been reading about 3 MOTs and one business who had scammed Head-fi'ers, along with this year spending months waiting for other headphones) and specially as the first paragraph sounded like nonsense, and I replied somewhat rudely without reading it carefully. At least I can get the headphones soon, and once Rhydon has sorted out whatever magic he is working with the drivers, I can replace the stock ones myself.

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #232 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have any headphone sent in for this great-looking upgrade, but I sure am curious about where the in-house drivers come from. Are they taken out of Grado headphones? (what model?) Or bought from some driver manufacturer?
( I suppose the answer might be a secret of the trade, but nevertheless I am curious )

it's possible that he found a supplier for the drivers that provides the same one Grado uses (to use for modification). and he could carry a x amount of stock SR325/MS2 in house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm beginning to get the impression that our original drivers are being kept intact for warranty purposes (downgrading) and that we will be receiving headphones with improved drivers not based on the originals that came with the headphones.

yes...and that the de-modification, in this case, refers to the exterior enhancement he has done to our headphones: rods, gymbal, etc.

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #233 of 2,336
He seems to still be moving forward, he is been here awhile, I wouldnt be so quick to judge. Yes he might not act PRO in his shippin and retraction but he wants everyone to be truly happy with the result. It bothers me that people are so distrusting after the SP deal. It was one person and I doubt it will keep being weird. With HF-2's we waited forever with delays and such why is this different? He even offers refunds of many kinds which other stores would be like oops my bad, wait or nothing.

Nov 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #236 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He seems to still be moving forward, he is been here awhile, I wouldnt be so quick to judge. Yes he might not act PRO in his shippin and retraction but he wants everyone to be truly happy with the result. It bothers me that people are so distrusting after the SP deal. It was one person and I doubt it will keep being weird. With HF-2's we waited forever with delays and such why is this different? He even offers refunds of many kinds which other stores would be like oops my bad, wait or nothing.

I'm not that active in this community in that I don't follow the "Headphone Amps (full-size)" forum. Anyway, I did go and have a look at that VERY long SP related thread. Never knew about that at all. What a disaster.

Anyway, personally, my issues are with the irregularities currently uncovered/apparent in this Magnum upgrade process. There is definitely enough cause for concern from where I'm sitting. I don't mind hearing about delays and such. This is not a problem and I'd be the first to be understanding about it. However, irregularities and inaccuracies are a different thing altogether. What's happening here cannot and should not be compared to the release of a component by a well established manufacturer long after the announced date.
ph34r.gif

BTW, did you submit an SR325is or MS/2 for upgrade?

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #237 of 2,336
Quote:

It's very different. Grado is a well established company with a long-standing track record. The Head-Fi community had dealt with Grado with the HF-1. This Magnum deal has zero track record and is a start up. It's apples and oranges. Everyone's concerns and criticisms are well founded.

Nov 5, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #238 of 2,336
Well my point is, one person asked and got their full refund already. So he will return money, but I imagine its a huge task and maybe the sealant didnt do great in travel so he redid them. I just hope he doesnt quit doing it if when someone gets a pair they are better or on par with HP1000.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #239 of 2,336
Quote:

Well my point is, one person asked and got their full refund already. So he will return money, but I imagine its a huge task and maybe the sealant didnt do great in travel so he redid them. I just hope he doesnt quit doing it if when someone gets a pair they are better or on par with HP1000.

Sir DoYouRight,

It's within the last couple posts that we have seen one refund received and one requested. This has been a long thread. I'm not quite sure what your motives are and that you're likely a friend of Rhydon?
smily_headphones1.gif
Are you nobly trying to calm us down? I don't need that actually. I'm quite OK, am able to read and am able to make my own judgements... thanks.
redface.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #240 of 2,336
Not a single pic of the on going production, a few snapshots of the casing and/or driver would be a big help, even the ones that were sent to canada post office would calm things down here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back