Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Jul 17, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #62 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by wang228 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"MAGNUM upgrade for Grado SR325, HF2, and Alessandro MS2"

Does this imply that HF2 uses the same driver as SR325/MS2? Or is this some well known fact i miss?

No, from what I understand, it just means that there are 3 Different Versions of the Magnum, a HF2 Magnum, a 325 Magnum, and a MS2i Magnum

So pretty much the things the Magnum retains are the driver, aluminum Cup, rod blocks, and leather headband. So the 3 versions of the Magnum will look different from each other, but they are still Magnum'd with different parts and coating.

Jul 17, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #63 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, from what I understand, it just means that there are 3 Different Versions of the Magnum, a HF2 Magnum, a 325 Magnum, and a MS2i Magnum

So pretty much the things the Magnum retains are the driver, aluminum Cup, rod blocks, and leather headband. So the 3 versions of the Magnum will look different from each other, but they are still Magnum'd with different parts and coating.

I see. It may be true that they perform different mods for HF2 and MS2/SR325. If this is the case, I wonder how much development actually went into modding HF2. The cans are just available.

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #64 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum
At this time we only offer Magnum as a complete service. The forks require some extensive equipment to assemble. They are secured via 'press-fit' to the Magnum housing. This is a process where heavy pressure is used to forge 2 metals together. As for the plastic headband blocks, we do plan on offering a solution to this in the future.

If Symphones were to make a user-installable metal "yoke" and metal headband blocks, they could make alot of money. Rather than "press fit", have them secured with allen head bolts. Anodize the parts black so it will match all the Grados from the RS2 on down, whether they are wood, metal, or plastic cupped. I'm sure alot of people, myself included, would readily pay for such items.

Jul 18, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #65 of 2,336
Nice to see your baby finally come to life Rhydon. All those false starts couldn't have been fun.

Biggie.

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #67 of 2,336
whatever happened to that discount?...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #71 of 2,336
Jul 31, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #73 of 2,336
Interesting, looks good, but I still find it very expensive. I wouldn't mind getting a finished version to try and see how it sounds against HF-2
rolleyes.gif

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #74 of 2,336
i just placed my order. i love my SR325i's and i see this as a good opportunity and a promising upgrade to a awesome phone (though the price is still a bit steep). i actually wanted to do a recable first, but since this is a limited time offer...

will post impressions as soon as i get them done.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back