Superlux Express Train
Jul 26, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #1,156 of 1,352
I removed the pads from my EVOs when I first got them, to be they didn't change the sound at all. I haven't tried putting them into the HD661 because I have cans that already suit my needs and don't need to really investigate. The HD661 stock as they are do suit other people who use my cans for monitoring.

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #1,157 of 1,352
Really? Well I thought that removing the felt changed the sound, mostly on the highs.
BTW, here're the Evos without the felt.

9fJ4TTf.jpg

Are here we have the Bitfenix Flo without the pads, exactly like the HD661
tDpKgw3.jpg

55Okj3G.jpg

And HM5 pads fits really well! Although Velour pads crapped the sound...
I'll probably buy the HM5 pleather pads, and this will be my gaming headset, the mic is pretty decent!

FSH5Jyx.jpg

WaDRV6O.jpg

Jul 27, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #1,159 of 1,352
  Really? Well I thought that removing the felt changed the sound, mostly on the highs.

There are a few possible reasons for this. One is that there were two different versions of the EVO, both with slightly different sound signatures. One of the differences is that the later model was packaged with a free pair of velour pads.

The other possibility is that we hear differently. I don't really hear anything above 14 kHz. I know the cans are reproducing tones at that frequency and above because my 5-year old niece, the 22-year old, and any cat can hear it.

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #1,160 of 1,352
  There are a few possible reasons for this. One is that there were two different versions of the EVO, both with slightly different sound signatures. One of the differences is that the later model was packaged with a free pair of velour pads.

Oh, mine had the free velour ones, and I'm using it ATM, maybe one of the reasons.

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #1,161 of 1,352
Got my HD660 today!

Such a different signature compared to the HD330.. it´s tighter and has great detail and sounds quite airy.. I guess the 330 and the 660 is all the headphones you need....................Like you could only have two headphones.. LOL!

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #1,165 of 1,352
Has anyone heard anything about the upcoming Superlux models?

I was nearly going to impulse buy the HD562, but I read that there would be a facelift model and a Bluetooth version of it released in the future, but I couldn't find anyone mentioning any details except for this Chinese site (and the background image on Superlux's official website). I'm wondering does anyone know anything more about them?

And assuming that the facelifts would sound the same (which they claim it would from that site), has anyone compared the sound of the HD562 and HD572/HD572A? I've always loved the closed on-ear form factor, and these two are the only Superlux models fitting the criteria now, and in the future presumably.

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #1,168 of 1,352
Just dropping in to say that my 681 EVO is already broken. Got it for last christmas and the tiny little cord that comes directly out of the left side is dead, sound keeps cutting out and all. I'm super pissed. It lived 9 months. Rip.
I really liked these headphones but come on, man. It's not like I've been throwing it around and tearing the cord out or anything, I took good care of it. I didn't even try on the velour pads it came with yet. I'd buy another because it was really nice and bassy but now I'm just really distrustful about this model. I'm gonna stay #teamSuperlux though, I just really expected more than 9 months of life from this thing.

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #1,169 of 1,352
  Just dropping in to say that my 681 EVO is already broken. Got it for last christmas and the tiny little cord that comes directly out of the left side is dead, sound keeps cutting out and all. I'm super pissed. It lived 9 months. Rip.
I really liked these headphones but come on, man. It's not like I've been throwing it around and tearing the cord out or anything, I took good care of it. I didn't even try on the velour pads it came with yet. I'd buy another because it was really nice and bassy but now I'm just really distrustful about this model. I'm gonna stay #teamSuperlux though, I just really expected more than 9 months of life from this thing.

Buying another one is like shooting a horse with a broken leg.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/670051/review-superlux-hd681-evo/675

There I posted pictures of how I fixed mine, its easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back