Superlux Express Train
Jul 3, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,128 of 1,352
They sound rather similar. The 681 evo is retuned from the original. Now offering more bass and a laid back treble. You can take out the foam inserts if you find it to dark. 681 does fine without an amp while the 330 is quite hard to drive properly but offer great punchy dynamics.

Jul 3, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #1,129 of 1,352
They sound rather similar. The 681 evo is retuned from the original. Now offering more bass and a laid back treble. You can take out the foam inserts if you find it to dark. 681 does fine without an amp while the 330 is quite hard to drive properly but offer great punchy dynamics.

I own EVO's and i cant notice the difference when i remove foam. Maybe because I drive them from motherboard ****ty onboard soundcard.

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #1,131 of 1,352
  Guys is it necessary to replace the pads on 662F?
I mean the original k240 pads cost more than the headphones itself. Any cheaper alternative?

I just got Brainwavz  memory earpads cost ~30€ but it was worth it. Very comfy :)  but its also very hard to put it on. 

Jul 8, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #1,132 of 1,352
Anyone here has heard the Sony's mdr-7506? How does they compare to any of the Superluxes? Particularly the 662F's?
I'm asking because I'm in need of a studio heaphones, just got the 662F's but I wonder how they compare to the Sony ones.

Jul 8, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #1,133 of 1,352
I have the MD-7506, but I do not have the 622Fs. I do have 5+ other models of Superlux cans. The Sony's were my cans of choice for monitoring, but recently have been usurped by the Superlux HD562. The Sony's actually sound better and are better made than all the Superlux's. However, the Sonys cost 3x as much and do not have a detachable cable - and have that insanely long twisted coiled cable on it. The reason's why I use the HD562 are because they are colored in the right area and they isolate better than the Sony. But in terms of sound, the Sonys are better and are more comfortable.

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #1,134 of 1,352
Gold question, is the Bitfenix FLO the Superlux HD661?

They look almost the same! They're on sale here for an amazing price. 
I've found that some websites say the Superlux is the OEM, although, can't really trust

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #1,135 of 1,352
  Gold question, is the Bitfenix FLO the Superlux HD661?

They look almost the same! They're on sale here for an amazing price. 
I've found that some websites say the Superlux is the OEM, although, can't really trust

I think you're right - it looks like a 661 with the 681 EVO headband. I'm sure there were some images a while back of some superlux concepts, with some hd 661 EVO, essentially being exactly that?

Jul 9, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #1,136 of 1,352
The HD661 are my least favorite Superlux cans out of the ones I own. Although they are clearly inspired by the MDR-7506, they do not have similar signatures. I find the HD661 to be too sibilant and somewhat bass and midrange anemic. However, the HD661 and HD681EVO are the cans I provide to others for monitoring and listening. More often than not, people reach for the HD661, so it would seem that most prefer that signature.  Out of the two, I prefer the 681EVO - so it would seem as if my tastes are different from the people that use my cans. However, none of them are audiophiles and are either using the cans to drown out ambient noise while listening to a phone - or using it for vocal monitoring while singing along with a previously recorded backing track. However, for my own purposes, I usually choose the HD562 - but do not provide access to these to others. If I know I'm going to be monitoring for 4+ hours, I will bring along my own outboard headphone amp and HD562 - plus my own 24-bit DAC(Fiio) to use instead of the house computer DAC(Behringer). If I'm only there for an hour, I don't bring anything and use the HD681EVO.  

I had also given a pair of HD661 to my nephew for Christmas (along with a set of V-Moda spin IEMs) and he still says that the HD661 are the best set of headphones he's ever had. His previous set of cans was the Sony MDRZX110.

In the US, the HD661 are only available in black or white. It would seem like the cool pink, green, blue or whatever colors are all over in Europe. The HD661 regularly are also around $30 in the US when on sale.

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #1,138 of 1,352
  Anyone here has heard the Sony's mdr-7506? How does they compare to any of the Superluxes? Particularly the 662F's?
I'm asking because I'm in need of a studio heaphones, just got the 662F's but I wonder how they compare to the Sony ones.

HD662F sound great for monitoring and actually have quite surprising soundstage for closed cans imo. But they need some amplitude correction to remove certain spikes in highs.
I tuned my own hardware filter setting (derived from Frans mkII) for them and they are great for monitoring this way.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #1,140 of 1,352
Besides the soundstage I prefer the Bitfenix Flo (HD661) over the HD681 "classic" in almost every aspect. 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back