SuperFi 5 Pro Broke, Don't like the TripleFi10 As Much...What To Do?
Aug 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #16 of 31
I don't think the Super Fi 5 pro has more bass than the Triple Fi 10. My issue is, the bass in the Triple Fi 10 is to tight and distinguished...or seperated. I like that the Super Fi 5 Pro bass blended more into the music and gave a fuller powerfull sound rather than a seperate bass instrument that could be distinguished.

I actually like the bass separation on TF10, I thrive for it, pulsing away down there doing it's own thing, it's non intrusive. But if you prefer bass that blends into the signature more I'd be seriously looking at Yamaha EPH-100 if dynamics are a possibility. they have that fuller sound you're looking for.

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #17 of 31
I like the TF10 a lot and the EPH100 didn't do anything for me...so maybe if you dont like the TF10 you will like the EPH! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #19 of 31
I can't believe he likes the bass of the Fi 5 Pro over the TF10, besides fit issues (which are gone when you do the flip flop mod) the TF10 is one of the best IEM's you can get under $200 imo.  They have such a fun sound signature and the soundstage is nice and large but still cohesive.

I still think with the sound signature he described the e-Q5 would work quite well for him, the bass has that dynamic sound and the clarity of the mids and highs should be to his liking also.

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #21 of 31
Thank you for all the suggestions...so many to choose from it is overwhelming. From what I read on the thread that has all of the reviews, I was under the impression that the Westones 2 or 3 would give the sound I was looking for. Is this not so?

NOTE: I will be using these on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus which uses Voodoo Sound

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #22 of 31
+1 On the EPH-100.

And i have super fi 5 pro's myself, great for trance and edm.

They certainly share a similar sound signature, but i much prefer the yamaha it's more fun.

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #23 of 31
That's what he should get then if they have a similar sound signature, the EPH-100 is a great all around IEM with very good build quality as well.

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #24 of 31
I've got both the super.fi and triple.fi. Just to add my opinion I wouldn't suggest the triplefi if you like the SF.5 signature - they're pretty distinctly different.

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #25 of 31
I looked for the Yamaha EPH-100 on Amazon but they didn't really have a set that I could get for the weekend. I ordered the Westone UM3X RC so I will give a try. Usually I use IE for when I am riding my bike downtown and at the coffee shops off of my cell phone as a player. I'm still pretty sad about loosing the UE.  If worse comes to worse...I dunno.

Aug 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #27 of 31
Audio Affair has them for $115 shipped, that's the cheapest I've seen them.

Aug 9, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #28 of 31
Just for an update- In addition to the UM3X, I also ordered the SM3's and Triple Fi 10 so I can do a direct compare and see which I want. If I don't like any of them then I will try the Yamaha. Mail order is very pain staking so I hope I like one of the others first.

Audio Affair is only UK, correct? I live in America.

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:
Just for an update- In addition to the UM3X, I also ordered the SM3's and Triple Fi 10 so I can do a direct compare and see which I want. If I don't like any of them then I will try the Yamaha. Mail order is very pain staking so I hope I like one of the others first.

Audio Affair is only UK, correct? I live in America.

I ordered my EPH-100 from Audio Affair and they were $115 shipped and as you can see I'm in the US.

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #30 of 31
Ok, for an update here is what I have found so far:

UM3X:
1) Best hardware quality
2) Best Isolation
3) More Base than the SM3
4) Lacks that live sound.
5) Awsome seperation and in techno sounds sound very real and up front.

SM3:
1) Good live sound
2) Hardware is not very good. The wire in the inner tube for the over the ear will sometimes rattle in the tube which can be heard.
3) Not as comfortable as the UM3X
4) Isolation is good but doesn't best the UM3X.
5) Sound signature seems to be favorable because I like that live sound.
6) Bass is weaker than UM3X although more livelier.

So far I am leaning toward the SM3 just because I like that live sound.

I still like the Bass from my UE SuperFi 5 Pro the best.

Also, the UE SuperFi 5 Pro did not go as deep into my ears as the SM3 and UMX3. I'm not used to how deep the SM3 and UMX3 go and I think my ears ring a little more because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back