STUDIO I Evaluation!!!
Apr 8, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #346 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, Craig, do you have any good news for us? This thread seems eerily quiet.

Yeah, even with all the hiss you can still hear a pin drop in here. Info please
popcorn.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #350 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shipping is today and Monday!!

I'm curious, did any of you following this thread who pre-ordered a Studio receive a shipping notice yet? Please post if you have. I'd be interested to know. Thanks.

Apr 10, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #351 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious, did any of you following this thread who pre-ordered a Studio receive a shipping notice yet? Please post if you have. I'd be interested to know. Thanks.

Not for the Studio, the Rocoo yes, but not yet for the Studio.

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #352 of 559
Quote:

For the RoCoo yes, still waiting on the Studio as well.

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #354 of 559
With HiFlight's recently posted impression that he prefers the SQ of the Rocoo to that of the AMP3, the Rocoo is shaping up to be a more exciting product than I was originally expecting.

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #355 of 559
Quote:

With HiFlight's recently posted impression that he prefers the SQ of the Rocoo to that of the AMP3, the Rocoo is shaping up to be a more exciting product than I was originally expecting.

The addition of EQ settings in the Rocoo offer some nice compensations for differences in phones and personal tastes. They are well-done and not artificial-sounding.

The Rocoo has a more energetic SQ than does the Amp3, but the Amp3 still has the edge on ruggedness, battery life, etc.

The Rocoo is a superb "grab and go" player. I have discovered no firmware issues with it as yet. The firmware updater and online support from Hisoundaudio for the Rocoo is MUCH improved over that of the Amp3.

Although it has no effect on sonic performance, the exterior design of the Rocoo is very striking, and would stand out immediately in a grouping of comparably priced players.

I am hoping that all of these firmware improvements will also be incorporated in the upcoming Studio. I rather doubt that the EQ will be present in the Studio, but that is not, for me, a major concern.

Ron

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #356 of 559
Question for all of you Amp3 owners. I can't seem to get enough volume. I have tried with my Ultrasone 780's and my 2500's. V Moda Vibes cranked all the way to 31 is about right, but would still like more volume. What am I doing wrong?

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #357 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobayrasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question for all of you Amp3 owners. I can't seem to get enough volume. I have tried with my Ultrasone 780's and my 2500's. V Moda Vibes cranked all the way to 31 is about right, but would still like more volume. What am I doing wrong?

Did you do the firmware upgrade? It is on the HiSound website. That gives more volume. As a matter of fact, I am looking for the "original firmware" that came installed on the unit so that I can revert back. I find with the updated firmware the sound gets too loud too fast and doesn't compliment sensitive phones. Can anyone point the direction of the original firmware please?

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #358 of 559
Got my RoCoo yesterday. The sound is fantastic, but with my 16gb memory card I get strange rumbling hissing. Is it because it's a 16gb card I wonder? The flash memory is fine, and I don't have an 8gb card to try. If anyone out there can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #359 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobayrasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're not doing anything wrong, unfortunately the Amp3 is just a very quiet player. Great sounding, but woefully underpowered. That's why I had to buy the Studio. The firmware upgrade I got back in '09 did almost nothing to fix it. It's too bad, the Amp3 is a great player. One thing you could do is ditch the Vmoda Vibes. They're VERY quiet, so that's a very bad pairing.

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #360 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my RoCoo yesterday. The sound is fantastic, but with my 16gb memory card I get strange rumbling hissing. Is it because it's a 16gb card I wonder? The flash memory is fine, and I don't have an 8gb card to try. If anyone out there can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it.

I've got an 8GB (Transcend Class 6) and a 16GB (RiData Class 6) micro sdhc cards, both of which work really well in the Rocoo. The 16GB card is the same one that I've been using with my AMP3-Pro.1. When I popped it out of the AMP3 and into the Rocoo, the Rocoo went through a multiple minute processing time, but afterwards, I could see and select all of the tracks on the 16 GB micro sdhc card, and the playback was really gorgeous. I have .mp3 and .wav files stored on the 16 GB card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back